HYLA Audio Nerva X & CE-05 Impression thread
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 215

justrest

500+ Head-Fier
There is no thread for Nerva X and CE05, so I think they deserve their own thread.

I got my CE-05 directly from Hyla and I really impressed.

https://www.hyla-audio.com

Untitled.jpg

HYLA-LA-1-Nerva-X.jpg

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 215
Curious on a comparison with the ES5. You've got the hottest, freshly baked potatoes in the market!

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #4 of 215
Here are some first impressions on my Nerva X posted on FB.

Hello folks, I thought I'd share some initial impression on the beautiful Nerva X from HYLA.

https://www.hyla-audio.com/product-page/la-1-nerva-x

I just listened for a couple of hours at this stage, so this is really an initial feeling.

Obviosuly, they are a marvel to look at, and very comfortable, not too large. Another good thing is that the sound is NOT very tip dependent for some reason, which is less of a hassle. I settled on the JVC Spiral Dots at this stage.

The general philosophy here seems to be musical and refined. Visceral, well-grounded and control bass, smooth and clear mids, non-aggressive yet detailed highs. Staging seems excellent, not excessively large but reasonably so with excellent imaging. They overall tonality is on the warm side, with a lot of realism.

The thing that strikes me the most is the smoothness of sound and transition between frequencies. The people at Hyla sure know how to tune 10 drivers in a coherent manner.

It might benefit from a brighter / airier source (which I don't really have), but with the WM1Z, I am going all in smooth musical full bodied and it is nice.

IMG_20180212_160216.jpg

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 215
Here are some first impressions on my Nerva X posted on FB.

Hello folks, I thought I'd share some initial impression on the beautiful Nerva X from HYLA.

https://www.hyla-audio.com/product-page/la-1-nerva-x

I just listened for a couple of hours at this stage, so this is really an initial feeling.

Obviosuly, they are a marvel to look at, and very comfortable, not too large. Another good thing is that the sound is NOT very tip dependent for some reason, which is less of a hassle. I settled on the JVC Spiral Dots at this stage.

The general philosophy here seems to be musical and refined. Visceral, well-grounded and control bass, smooth and clear mids, non-aggressive yet detailed highs. Staging seems excellent, not excessively large but reasonably so with excellent imaging. They overall tonality is on the warm side, with a lot of realism.

The thing that strikes me the most is the smoothness of sound and transition between frequencies. The people at Hyla sure know how to tune 10 drivers in a coherent manner.

It might benefit from a brighter / airier source (which I don't really have), but with the WM1Z, I am going all in smooth musical full bodied and it is nice.

Great impressions and photos. Nerva-X looks really amazing, it's like jewelry.

Feb 18, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #7 of 215
Never heard of this brand, so I'm quite surprised by the price tag. The Nerva competing with JH Laylas, a whole bunch of top-end customs and 64Audio's top products... I'm really curious how they compare.
HYLA is like a sister brand departed from Oriolus, though this one is solely engineered in JP while Oriolus is made by a collaboration of JP and CN.

Both CE-05 and Nerva X sound stunning.. especially Nerva X with PW Audio 1960s.

Feb 19, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 215
HYLA is like a sister brand departed from Oriolus, though this one is solely engineered in JP while Oriolus is made by a collaboration of JP and CN.

Both CE-05 and Nerva X sound stunning.. especially Nerva X with PW Audio 1960s.
Ah thanks! I was even wondering about the optical similarity... Well, looking forward to some reviews then.

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #9 of 215
Ah thanks! I was even wondering about the optical similarity... Well, looking forward to some reviews then.

Have the Oriolus v2. Much of the mid fi stuff wasn't a huge step up from the LZ-A4. Unfortunately not many have heard these yet. So we're on the same boat.

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #10 of 215
I also received the CE-5 and I must say this IEM is really special on it's own. It's quite different from the MK2 though, but technicalities are better. Say resolution, separation and treble quality.

But tonality-wise mids don't sound very natural, they're rather fun and have bright timbre/tonality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back