HYLA Audio Nerva X & CE-05 Impression thread
Feb 22, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #211 of 215
Did anyone compare CE-5 with Campfire Atlas or Dorado/Vega 2020?
I've listened to CE-5 and Vega. Vega sounds like a joke lmao. Its so much bass that it sounds like your listening to music through your neighbor's wall. I mean if you like very muddy bass and hate treble, it's the perfect IEM for you.

CE-5 is far less bass-heavy and has much cleaner bass. To be honest, it's a very different sound signature. I sold my CE-5 just because I didn't like the sibilance but I'd have picked it over the Vega any day. I think the only good CFA iems are the andros and solaris.

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #212 of 215
Did anyone compare CE-5 with Campfire Atlas or Dorado/Vega 2020?
I have compared CE-5 with Atlas, but this is from memory: The CE-5 sounds clearer and more refined. Focus is on veeeeery deep reaching sub bass with a woofer effect (you can really feel it a lot), it`s quite impressive if you like that. Though, due to it`s stronger v-shape and slightly metallic treble, CE-5 sounded a bit artificial to me at times. Mids are clearly recessed! Works amazing with electronic music though! Atlas has more boost in the mid bass and sounds fuller than CE-5. This boost can at times be definitely too much for my (and other people`s) taste. On the other hand, voices sounded more natural on the Atlas than CE-5...And oh, beware of driver flex with the Atlas! Depending on your ear shape and how much vaccuum it creates with the shell! Both have their pros and cons!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #214 of 215
I really enjoy my CE5 it’s one of the most coherent and comfortable iem on the market, the tuning is very musical - it’s spacious airy with good punch.
In comparison to Z1R it’s easier and faster transient responses with wonderful detailing and greater extension
Bass wise Sony is 20-25% better more textured and heavy bass.
But in the Sony one can hear BA which is not perfect.

Apr 10, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #215 of 215
Guys for some of You who like Hyla sound, strongly recommend to try AüR Neon Pro, Aure(it’s discontinued, but new one will be released)
It’s everything I lacked in CE5 - details, clarity on some songs that I missed/didn’t hear.
Really a TOTL iems for a very reasonable price.
Sarda I can’t comment, I think it’s worth than CE5 (had both at some point)
Also ie900 might be similar. But not same - body/space - everything is thinner on sennhs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back