Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 26, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #18,796 of 18,905
I don't know if this was really necessary or not, but it seemed like the right thing to do.
I wanted to put about an inch of ventilation between my Chord TT 2 and M-Scaler. Anyone else using IsoAcoustic ISO-pucks or something similar?

IMG_1687.jpg
Me too…

IMG_4359.jpeg

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #18,798 of 18,905
TT2 feels at home.
It sounds much better than my previously owned Hugo2. Driving the Focal Stellia.
Almost no need for the iFi iCan Pro, just when I want to "color" my music (which is nice sometimes).
Going to upgrade the iFi Zen Stream's power supply to the iFi iPower Elite.

Edit: the iFi Elite powering my Zen Stream, improved the overall sound signatue. Better details and instruments separation, more "air" as well as bigger stage. Not day and night, but still noticable with my setup.

20240227_112616.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #18,799 of 18,905
Why not just put them side by side?
IMG_6534.jpeg
Originally, I had them side-by-side on a the shelf. Then I had to move components around on the rack and "stacking" made sense. ....but I became concerned about heat/airflow.

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #18,800 of 18,905
In my experience, the TT2 didn’t need any burn-in. It does, however, need a 5-10 minute warm-up (touch the top of the unit, should be warm to the touch) to sound its best.
In my experience the TT2 needed 2-3 hour warm-up before it sound at it best. A bit less if playing music.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #18,801 of 18,905
I ADORE ATC speakers, and would have them myself if I didn't adore ribbon tweeters more.

But that said, I don't understand why you'd introduce a preamp if the DAC can drive the speakers correctly? Is it a kind of sound you're going for?
The dac wouldn't drive it as I would be using active ATC speakers. I would use the tt2 as the preamp

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #18,802 of 18,905
To those using SRC-DX with an intona isolator, is there a way to get it working on a USB2.0 port together? I narrowed down a faint popping in the left channel when the intona isolator is used on a USB 3.0 port from the PC with the SRC-DX. If I connect PC->SRC-DX->TT2 without the intona, the popping never happens.

However, if I take out the SRC-DX, and go Intona->TT2(via USB 2.0) it doesn't pop either. For some reason USB 3.0 on all 3.0 ports on the PC cause a faint pop randomly on the left channel. The Intona will not work with the SRC-DX if I plug the Intona into a USB 2.0 port. Windows just keeps saying device not recognized. Tried giving the Intona more power through the aux but also didn't help it work together on USB 2.0

For now Im just using an ifi purifier into the src dx until i figure it out.

Edit: Moved some other devices away from the USB 3.0 port the intona is connected to, disconnected some things not even in use. Went to device manager and made sure windows didn't turn off ports. Seems to help so far.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #18,803 of 18,905
im thinking to place my tt2//mscaler and speakers on a large wooden desk. there will be isolation pads under the speakers and isolation feet under the tt2//mscaler. can anyone see any problems with vibrations etc occurring here?

It’s the sound of the speakers id be concerned about not the electronics, “bookshelf” speakers need to be on quality stands. That vibration from the wooden desk will bleed back in to the speaker and ruin the sound.

Mar 4, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #18,805 of 18,905
Possibly a dumb question so my apologies. Since dac mode runs at -5 in low gain, what would be the equivalent or near equivalent voltage output in amp/high gain to take the low gain resistor out of the signal path?

EDIT: Found the answer searching a little harder so ignore this. -5L or -5H are the same output voltage for an amp.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #18,807 of 18,905
Anyone using the TT2 with the LCD-X 2021?
Do you think it's a good match? Or is the relaxed nature of the LCD-X not a good fit with the relaxed signature of the TT2?
I wouldn't call LCD-X a laid back headphone and I haven't listen to it with TT2, but IME LCD 4 matched very well with TT2.

Mar 9, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #18,808 of 18,905
In my case, I switched from the ZS to 2Go/2Yu. It was a very noticeable improvement to me. Already had the 2Go and found an open box deal on the 2Yu, so it wasn't as big an investment.
Good one. I've been waiting forever for Chord to come up with a streamer simlar to the 2Go/2Yu combo but in one box, stackable with TT2/MScaler, and capable up to DSD 512 and dual BNC outputs.

I will buy it in a second. Am I the only market for this?

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #18,809 of 18,905
I have the 2020 version, and it’s fine with the TT2. Retain’s it’s signature tune which makes me think of - don’t laugh - syrupy honey with a hint of almond… at least at the start when I play music through it again.

But it’s cycled after the Utopia and 800s headphone sessions so maybe the preceding HPs color my initial perceptions.

With regards to TT2 it sounds a bit warm, but never on the laid back side.

Mar 19, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #18,810 of 18,905
Has anyone tried, does TT2 significantly benefit from feeding through DDC?

I`m currently using PC as a source, directly to TT2 via Supra Excalibur USB.
From my recent experiments, even switching to a more low-tech PC laptop provides a slightly cleaner BG and better layer separation.
That makes me though that DDC should be even more beneficial (I don't have spare PCI-Ex slots in PC, to use fancy USB cards like Jcat)

Any thoughts?

As for DDC, I`m currently considering UpTone ISO REGEN via USB or Singxer SU6 via BNC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back