Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 24, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #18,767 of 18,907
Why does Dcs use 240 volt yet chord use 240 volt to 15 volt ? John Frank's gives a cost restraint on what Rob Watts can do? If you look at the design of the Chord products they very limited to what they can put into a small space
I suspect that’s exactly what happens. He’s an independent contractor who would be given a budget to work within. I assume an industrial designer or design team is responsible for creating a chassis that fits not only Chord’s company aesthetic, but also the design brief in the sense of footprint and purpose. Dave matches that series of electronics, TT2, MScaler and BerTTi share a footprint for the tabletop series, etc.

Feb 24, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #18,769 of 18,907
I agree, I hear the differences very clear, so it definately depends on the speakers
I have some subpar headphones here, I can barely tell the difference with those, but these speakers are insane, I can hear it all
1000132169.jpg

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #18,773 of 18,907
These are the Paradigm Personas, before these I can't say I really cared about Paradigm, the Personas are the best they've ever done. I absolutely love these.
What's your address I'll call round for a listen. Paradigm are so underrated as a speaker manufacturer in the UK. A lot of ppl haven't heard of them

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #18,774 of 18,907
These are the Paradigm Personas, before these I can't say I really cared about Paradigm, the Personas are the best they've ever done. I absolutely love these.

A friend of mine has Persona 9Hs in a custom color. Not only do they look good, but they sound great. Pricey, though.

Feb 24, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #18,778 of 18,907
The 9H are pricey for sure, but considering they have powered dual subwoofers built into the speakers with Room calibration software built in, I say they are a bargain.

Bargain is in the eye of the beholder when taking about $40k speakers, but I do think they are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back