Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 23, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #18,826 of 18,907
I don't remember Chord sanctioning any other power supplies.
Here are the details of the Chord supply if you want to google the details.
Googling dys865 gets links to several equivalent power supplies, but not with the Chord branding on them.
That’s helpful. I will have a look

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #18,827 of 18,907
You want to hear what the TT-2 and M Scaler can do? Play this loud.

1000135831.png

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #18,831 of 18,907
Hey everyone, after reading nearly 100 pages in this thread I have got a question. I currently have a TT2/HMS with Focal Utopia and a Holo Red streamer. Now I would like to know what the best case scenario for my setup would be.

My setup: PC --> USB A/B --> Streamer/DDC (Holo Red) --> optical cable --> M-Scaler --> Wave Storm Reference dual bnc --> TT2 --> Utopia

Is this the way to go or are there any improvements I could do?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #18,832 of 18,907
Hey everyone, after reading nearly 100 pages in this thread I have got a question. I currently have a TT2/HMS with Focal Utopia and a Holo Red streamer. Now I would like to know what the best case scenario for my setup would be.

My setup: PC --> USB A/B --> Streamer/DDC (Holo Red) --> optical cable --> M-Scaler --> Wave Storm Reference dual bnc --> TT2 --> Utopia

Seems pretty solid to me, based on what I've read here. Maybe run the M-Scaler off a battery is the only thing I might try. But since you're coming in optical and using the Wave Storms (which I don't have, but I know many others (including Rob himself)) have apparently had good luck with, that may gain nothing - not sure.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #18,833 of 18,907
Seems pretty solid to me, based on what I've read here. Maybe run the M-Scaler off a battery is the only thing I might try. But since you're coming in optical and using the Wave Storms (which I don't have, but I know many others (including Rob himself)) have apparently had good luck with, that may gain nothing - not sure.
Thanks for your quick answer, appreciate it! What advantage does it have if using a battery? And which battery could you recommend me?

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #18,834 of 18,907
Thanks for your quick answer, appreciate it! What advantage does it have if using a battery? And which battery could you recommend me?
The recommended battery is the Bixpower BP90 (I think that's it) 12v unswitched output. The advantage of the battery (as I understand it) is that it takes the ground out of the equation, where signal can pass from one device to another and wreak audio havoc. I'm sure someone smarter will put it more precisely.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #18,835 of 18,907

Dude, that’s a pretty solid system. ✅

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #18,836 of 18,907
I removed my Bixpower from my TT2. The constant recharging was not worth the very small uptick in sound. Rob designed it right with the smps power supply.

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #18,837 of 18,907
I removed my Bixpower from my TT2. The constant recharging was not worth the very small uptick in sound. Rob designed it right with the smps power supply.
You could explore something like this:

https://www.thecableco.com/flow-08-inline-emi-filter.html

Put it between your mains and the TT2's stock PSU.

Imo its better to give each apparatus its own separate filter intead of plugging in multiple PSU's in a multisocket filter block.

I had crazy good results with just adding two cheapo 30ohm 10w wirewound resistors in series with my mains live and neutral wires and a 100pF foilcap over them at the PSU side.

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #18,838 of 18,907
Or put wa33 ee with wiring and tube upgrade after tt2. :wink:

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #18,839 of 18,907
Imo its better to give each apparatus its own separate filter intead of plugging in multiple PSU's in a multisocket filter block.
I use an AQ Niagra 1200 for my system. What's your thoughts on this unit?

I had crazy good results with just adding two cheapo 30ohm 10w wirewound resistors in series with my mains live and neutral wires and a 100pF foilcap over them at the PSU side
I get this but don't want to mess with the CSA approval of the equipment.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #18,840 of 18,907
I use an AQ Niagra 1200 for my system. What's your thoughts on this unit?
Try to have only TT2 connected to it if not already.. put other upstream gear on another mains socket..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back