Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #18,736 of 19,009
Bruno Putzey’s was interviewed on Darko’s podcast and specifically address LPS vs SMPS. Worth a listen
I tried to search for it but could not find it. Could I trouble you to link it here please?

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #18,738 of 19,009
Feb 21, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #18,739 of 19,009
Interesting aside re the Chord smps. My Antipodes server was offered an upgrade at the factory and the major tweak was to remove the linear power supply and replace it with an smps with some external filtering. The usb board was reclocked as well so I am not sure what improved the sound. To those wondering if the smps Chord supplies affects the sound is to pull the dc jack from the TT2 and listen to super caps only with no possibility of ground currents. No change to my ears. Some day I will try the mscaler on battery just to see (hear).
Like I said, if you want to change a psu, do it on the mscaler. That one does not operate with super caps. I won’t say it is a big or huge change, a little tweak/update I would say if everything else on high level already. I did not replace the tt2 psu, only the mscaler.

For me it was also a convience, sometimes I like to take it to another room for headphone listening, other moments at my full set. So having two extra psu was easier, all cabling double etc… so I thought might as well try another lps with them both (mS and tt2)

But some can be stubborn, and trying deny it does not influence the sound, it does. If it is good or not you have to try en decide yourself. A bigger impact in the past was on the qutest with upgrades psu

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #18,740 of 19,009
Interesting aside re the Chord smps. My Antipodes server was offered an upgrade at the factory and the major tweak was to remove the linear power supply and replace it with an smps with some external filtering. The usb board was reclocked as well so I am not sure what improved the sound. To those wondering if the smps Chord supplies affects the sound is to pull the dc jack from the TT2 and listen to super caps only with no possibility of ground currents. No change to my ears. Some day I will try the mscaler on battery just to see (hear).
I just yesterday installed a Bixpower battery onto mScaler and it’s early, but I’m feeling like the overall sound is darker and, most impressive, there is more weight to the lower end. More listening needed. Anyone know if ferrited cables still help while using battery? I’ve left my homemade cables in anyway.

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #18,741 of 19,009
I just yesterday installed a Bixpower battery onto mScaler and it’s early, but I’m feeling like the overall sound is darker and, most impressive, there is more weight to the lower end. More listening needed. Anyone know if ferrited cables still help while using battery? I’ve left my homemade cables in anyway.
No need for ferrited cables with the bixpower if you’re using MScaler optical input.

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #18,746 of 19,009
Hey guys I got the chance to buy either a TT2 + Mscaler or a Dave. It's from a private seller and I have to choose quickly.

TT2 + Mscaler = $5000

Dave = $5800

what would you guys go for?
Dave is brighter and less power but ofcourse good.

Tt2+mscaler warmer sounding, myself prefer the last combo

I have not heared dave + mscaler combi, but can only imagine, amazing

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #18,747 of 19,009
Feb 22, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #18,749 of 19,009
Hey guys I got the chance to buy either a TT2 + Mscaler or a Dave. It's from a private seller and I have to choose quickly.

TT2 + Mscaler = $5000

Dave = $5800

what would you guys go for?
Tough one. I'd lean to the TT2 & M Scaler. Alternatively, you could buy Dave and start saving for the new Quartet Scaler (designed for Dave) that will be launched this year....

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #18,750 of 19,009
Tough one. I'd lean to the TT2 & M Scaler. Alternatively, you could buy Dave and start saving for the new Quartet Scaler (designed for Dave) that will be launched this year....
Indeed tough one, only thing I can say, the tt2 + mscaler with a decent headphone sounds amazing, hard to find anything better.

I heared from my main shop I mostly buy from, the new scaler will be even more expensive than the current mscaler, but we will know when it arrives.

What you should ask yourself how far you are willing to go 😉 tt2+mscaler sounds as a sweet deal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back