Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 9, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #15,946 of 19,009
Hi, I’m looking for good USB cable for my TT2 - Macbook. Budget around 1000-2000$, I love to add more clarity, transparent, and low-treble.
any suggestions and reviews are always welcome.
If you can, try and demo a Tellurium Q Silver Diamond USB cable.

I spent some time demoing their range of USB cables... Black and Silver from entry level, Ultra's to Diamonds. I prefer the clarity, detail and sub bass you get from TQ Silver range (Silver "range" as from what I've been told they're not pure silver). It was a close battle between the Silver Ultra and the Silver Diamond but the Diamond was superb and won out. I already had their Silver Ultra XLR so I new roughly what to expect.

The Silver Diamond USB is quite a stiff cable so if it's to go in a tight space, it might not be the best. It flexes but won't do right angle turns if you see what I mean. If you have a good TQ dealer they should be more than happy to let you try them out rather than buying blind.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #15,947 of 19,009
If you can, try and demo a Tellurium Q Silver Diamond USB cable.

I spent some time demoing their range of USB cables... Black and Silver from entry level, Ultra's to Diamonds. I prefer the clarity, detail and sub bass you get from TQ Silver range (Silver "range" as from what I've been told they're not pure silver). It was a close battle between the Silver Ultra and the Silver Diamond but the Diamond was superb and won out. I already had their Silver Ultra XLR so I new roughly what to expect.

The Silver Diamond USB is quite a stiff cable so if it's to go in a tight space, it might not be the best. It flexes but won't do right angle turns if you see what I mean. If you have a good TQ dealer they should be more than happy to let you try them out rather than buying blind.
Hi, After studying your advices yesterday, I think I will move to BNC cable with Pi4. Btw thanks for detail advice for Usb cable. Unfortunately, we dont have any TQ dealer here ;(. I have try Nordost Valhalla 2 here, I think that awesome cable, but it costs an arm and a leg for it.

Mar 10, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #15,948 of 19,009
Been very happy with my TT2, but recently I made a change of my speaker and would like to add a pair of small subwoofer, reading the manual on using both XLR and RCA simultaneously concerns me, if I just want to have RCA to my speaker amp and XLR to my sub amplifier, is that safe to do it?

Appreciate any advise

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #15,949 of 19,009
Been very happy with my TT2, but recently I made a change of my speaker and would like to add a pair of small subwoofer, reading the manual on using both XLR and RCA simultaneously concerns me, if I just want to have RCA to my speaker amp and XLR to my sub amplifier, is that safe to do it?

Appreciate any advise
I run the TT2 in this manner for my near-field setup to powered Dynaudio LYD's and also an SVS or REL sub.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #15,950 of 19,009
I run the TT2 in this manner for my near-field setup to powered Dynaudio LYD's and also an SVS for REL sub.
That's great to know, I will definitely try it then, was thinking to do this method via bass augmentation and see if that will bring the overall experience up a notch, before I starts looking into any other mean so I can have a proper crossover for high-pass and low-pass

Mar 11, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #15,952 of 19,009
Do you leave your Hugo TT2 turned on all the time? Thanks.

Mar 11, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #15,954 of 19,009
I leave my TT2 on 24/7 with no detriment to the SQ of my system or it’s functionality.

Mar 11, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #15,955 of 19,009
On all the time but once a week I switch everything off, unplug and power up again. I have this unscientific feeling that things get blocked up and need unblocking. I am like that!

Mar 12, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #15,957 of 19,009
Mar 12, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #15,958 of 19,009
On all the time but once a week I switch everything off, unplug and power up again. I have this unscientific feeling that things get blocked up and need unblocking. I am like that!
This is the cheapest and effective tweak I have found. It is the way.

Mar 12, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #15,960 of 19,009
I turn mine off after use. I have OCD where I don't like to keep using electricity when it's not needed: Lights, AC, PC, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back