Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 3, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #15,226 of 18,907
I am tremendously concerned with these types of situations, as I mentioned a while ago; It does not seem appropriate to me that a brand with the prestige and quality of CHORD has such a high rate of technical failures, which is aggravated if we live outside the United Kingdom, for example in South America (Chile)
We don't know the numbers sold and the number of units going south. We have only our own experience and the stories of this forum. Don't worrie.

Dec 3, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #15,227 of 18,907
Looks compatible, does it have the right size barrel connectors?

It does. I see people using it for the GFX50R camera which is the same power input (5.5mm 2.1) and takes 12v 4.5a.

Be wary about quoted voltage outputs. Quite often they are wildly out compared to the actual output voltage. For instance I had a battery indicating 16V and it was nearer to 18V actual output.

I'd probably just want to use it at 12v 3a. Any reason that might not be enough current? Obviously not going to drive speakers on the battery.

Dec 3, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #15,229 of 18,907
Anyone tried the Sean jacobs DC3 with TT2 and if so worth it or not?
Before spending on an alternate supply, just remove the power plug from the back. You will have 20-30 seconds to hear the TT2 power supply with no noise getting in at all. If it sounds better then you may have noise, grounds, rfi etc. Adding a lps may just change the sound away from Rob’s design.

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #15,230 of 18,907
Before spending on an alternate supply, just remove the power plug from the back. You will have 20-30 seconds to hear the TT2 power supply with no noise getting in at all. If it sounds better then you may have noise, grounds, rfi etc. Adding a lps may just change the sound away from Rob’s design.
I asked the question as others have reported dramatic improvements to sound quality with the more expensive Sean Jacobs designs, namely the DC4. I wondered if the DC3, which is listed on the Custom Hifi Cables Site as being compatible with the TT2, had a similar effect. I am not unhappy with the TT2's sound quality; its just the old desire to wring the nth degree of performance from ones kit.

Dec 3, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #15,231 of 18,907
I asked the question as others have reported dramatic improvements to sound quality with the more expensive Sean Jacobs designs, namely the DC4. I wondered if the DC3, which is listed on the Custom Hifi Cables Site as being compatible with the TT2, had a similar effect. I am not unhappy with the TT2's sound quality; its just the old desire to wring the nth degree of performance from ones kit.
Never tried dc3 with TT2, but I've tried other LPs and to my ears and my wallet, it's Not worth the effort for TT2. Not for that kind of money. Some cheaper LPs will be just fine.

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #15,232 of 18,907
Has anyone heard the Dave and can compare the sound signature between it and the TT2? Also how much of an increase in resolution is it? I had the TT2 and didn’t feel it was an improvement at all over my Sony Ta-zh1es.

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #15,233 of 18,907
Has anyone heard the Dave and can compare the sound signature between it and the TT2? Also how much of an increase in resolution is it? I had the TT2 and didn’t feel it was an improvement at all over my Sony Ta-zh1es.
That’s strange I have both those units. I moved the TA-ZH1ES into the bedroom. They TT2 was better for me. I do like both units. Wont sell the Sony unless I they come out with TT3 or new Dave.

PS: I do have TT2/M-Scaler Combo

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #15,234 of 18,907
That’s strange I have both those units. I moved the TA-ZH1ES into the bedroom. They TT2 was better for me. I do like both units. Wont sell the Sony unless I they come out with TT3 or new Dave.

PS: I do have TT2/M-Scaler Combo
The Sony for me has more punch in the low end but the TT2 has very slightly more resolution in the highs and maybe slightly better separation. For me the punch and slight analog warmth on my utopias was more desirable and combined with the versatility and better value of the Sony motivated me to choose the Sony. I do want a more analytical sound though and wonder if the Dave could provide that. The Chord got close but not quite.

Dec 5, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #15,235 of 18,907
Added Keces P28
uc

uc

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #15,236 of 18,907
Added Keces P28
uc

uc
@Wfolio, you seriously got one of these? https://www.technologyfactory.eu/en...upply-series/keces-audio-p28/a-17348-10001328 That is one nice looking LPS! I use three Sbooster’s for my HMS, TT2, and my ROON Nucleus music streamer, in conjunction with an AQ Niagara 1200 power conditioner and an AQ Thunder power cable. I love the VU meters and the layout of the Keces P28. Please let us know how it sounds in your system. I have a gear shelf where the P28 just might fit.

Attachments

• 2CD88FEF-F6DD-49E4-A2C7-841FD5AA417D.jpeg
    2CD88FEF-F6DD-49E4-A2C7-841FD5AA417D.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #15,237 of 18,907
How does the TT2 stand as a stand alone DAC.
I am currently using the qutest and it has improved my set up considerably .
I have a new Nimbus US 5 PRO on the way , the qutest will be the DAC. but yes I am wondering about using the TT2 as a DAC only .
is this a bit of A waste . It sort of seems to me that Chord have a bit of a gap in the market here without a standalone DAC at this level.
I did also consider the Mscaler/TT2 combination .

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #15,238 of 18,907
Mscaler//TT2 is state of the art. If possible just run tt2 into the olympica speaker direct and into your headphones direct. Unbeatable imho.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #15,239 of 18,907
Mscaler//TT2 is state of the art. If possible just run tt2 into the olympica speaker direct and into your headphones direct. Unbeatable imho.
@musickid try adding AuroraSound HEADA to the chain. I am listening currently to solo TT2 (upsampling with Audirvana) with HEADA and I can't imagine going back to TT2 as a headamp. Not saying that TT2 as a headamp is not great, just saying it could be even better as a dac only :wink:

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #15,240 of 18,907
It won’t be used with my speakers as it’ would only be in my HP set up. It’s in a different room

Users who are viewing this thread

Back