Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #10,681 of 19,009
Any chance you can change your cool photos to thumbnails instead of fullscreen, as when viewing them via tablets or phones causes problems.
There you go, I don’t have any problems with my iPad seeing the photos in full screen though.

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #10,682 of 19,009
There you go, I don’t have any problems with my iPad seeing the photos in full screen though.

Using my iphone this site works great, but on my ipad, ipad air, this site plays up all the time, when I try to delete a letter when I'm typing up a post, it keeps on deleting by itself and it will continue to do so and whole sentences can get wiped out before it stops. When it comes to full screen photos, safari just kills the webpage altogether and it tells me that it has a problem reloading the webpage.

It just seems to be this website that it plays havoc on, after the forums got a slight update it stopped, but when the forum got a big makeover xenforo, the problem came back, but saying that, my ipads are pieces of schiit and I do need to replace them.

Cheers for making them thumbnails, and yes, your new cables looks the schiit, I have a pair but not the storm version, I have the stream version and they are very good. I would like to update to what your cables are terminated as, I forgot the name, but they look like the dogs bollocks, very nice looking.

Found them, Oyaide, they look cool as, but they are expensive, just like everything else in this game we play.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #10,683 of 19,009
Any chance you can change your cool photos to thumbnails instead of fullscreen, as when viewing them via tablets or phones causes problems.

Cheers in advance

Displays fine on Galaxy S10 and tablet. It may be a setting on iPad that needs to be changed. Don't use iOS so not sure which one. It could also be how iPad views web pages. Can you make it force download of "mobile" site?

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #10,684 of 19,009
Does anybody use their Chord Hugo TT2 as just a DAC for their headphone system? I use mine going into my Woo WA22 using AQ Earth XLR cables.

Nov 16, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #10,685 of 19,009
Nov 17, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #10,688 of 19,009
Many Thanks for your feedback on the USB cable question - I have now ordered the Supra USB cable :)

Another question please - For LCD-3 and HD800s headphones, should I use the low gain or high gain setting?
When I had the wa22 I keep it in low gain, I can’t put my finger on it but Hi gain to my ears didn’t sound as engaging.

Nov 17, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #10,689 of 19,009
When I had the wa22 I keep it in low gain, I can’t put my finger on it but Hi gain to my ears didn’t sound as engaging.
moemoney, the WA22 has a lot of horsepower to spare. Low gain definitely sounds “nicer” than the high gain setting to my ears. When you had that amp did you tube roll a couple grand into it, or did you go stock tubes?

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #10,690 of 19,009
moemoney, the WA22 has a lot of horsepower to spare. Low gain definitely sounds “nicer” than the high gain setting to my ears. When you had that amp did you tube roll a couple grand into it, or did you go stock tubes?
that's what I should have done, I purchase some from Woo Audio but didn't max it out. In some ways, I ready wish I had. But now with the WA5LE I want to be more involved with tube rolling. After reading these pages and others I see that I may have moved too fast and should have been more patient with the WA22. But I'm not looking back.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #10,691 of 19,009
that's what I should have done, I purchase some from Woo Audio but didn't max it out. In some ways, I ready wish I had. But now with the WA5LE I want to be more involved with tube rolling. After reading these pages and others I see that I may have moved too fast and should have been more patient with the WA22. But I'm not looking back.
moemoney, the WA5LE is a heck of a thing for sure, I just don’t have the space for one damnit. Oh man, I wouldn’t look back either. Mike Liang at Woo Audio saved me a bunch of pesos yesterday by informing me that I didn’t need to upgrade the 6080 power tubes on my WA22 because the ones he sends with the amp are very quiet and well matched to begin with. Who knew? I’m really enjoying how the Hugo TT2 sounds thru the WA22 and my Grado 3000e’s, so far.

Attachments

• A7909A5C-418F-4C77-8842-9A55D0AB3B00.jpeg
    A7909A5C-418F-4C77-8842-9A55D0AB3B00.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #10,692 of 19,009
moemoney, the WA5LE is a heck of a thing for sure, I just don’t have the space for one damnit. Oh man, I wouldn’t look back either. Mike Liang at Woo Audio saved me a bunch of pesos yesterday by informing me that I didn’t need to upgrade the 6080 power tubes on my WA22 because the ones he sends with the amp are very quiet and well matched to begin with. Who knew? I’m really enjoying how the Hugo TT2 sounds thru the WA22 and my Grado 3000e’s, so far.
it's a very good sounding amp.

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #10,693 of 19,009
Nov 17, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #10,694 of 19,009
Many Thanks for your feedback on the USB cable question - I have now ordered the Supra USB cable :)

Another question please - For LCD-3 and HD800s headphones, should I use the low gain or high gain setting?

I’d imagine high gain will be better with the LCD-3, not sure about the HD800s.

But it’s so easy to switch that and decide for yourself that I wouldn’t even sweat it. Just figure out what you like the best.

Then you can play around with the filters and cross feed too.

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #10,695 of 19,009
Hey there. Newbie Utopia owner here with a few questions.. I'm still plowing through all the history here but would love some guidance on a couple things:
I have two use cases - main system and portable.
1 - My main system is Antipodes CX > EX > P2 > PS Audio DS DAC > PS Audio BHK Preamp as headphone amp. It has a 1/4" front-panel output only. Does anyone know if I can (or is it a good idea to) run balanced out of the XLR outputs on the back of the preamp, presumably into a 2x 3-pin XLR-to-4-pin XLR adapter?
2 - What is a good amp-only match for the Utopias under ~$2.5k USD? My preferences would be full, detailed sound, balanced inputs as well as headphone output. My preference is to avoid DAC/amps as it feels like wasted money. And no, I'm not getting a DAVE. : )

3 - For portable, I'm using a Chord TT2. What is the best way to get balanced out of it to the Utopias? The same XLR outputs on the back of the preamp, into a 2x 3-pin XLR-to-4-pin XLR adapter?
4 - In both applications I'm looking for an upmarket cable, balanced, and if anything for this headphone I would err on the side of filling out the bass but not closing in the treble in terms of voicing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back