Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #5,086 of 18,967
Mmm, $1,899 and I only have a couple dozen vinyl albums.... I have found CD or Hi-Res for most of my collection. Thanks! I'll keep it in mind.

And I was going to suggest you wait for Davina. That might have been a more eye watering price per album!

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #5,087 of 18,967
And I was going to suggest you wait for Davina. That might have been a more eye watering price per album!

I was a DJ many years ago I have a bunch of 12" singles I know I can't find in a digital format. Some may have been recorded so poorly an inexpensive USB turntable might be ok. I have some old classical and jazz though.

So having ALL of my music to play on the TT2 would be awesome.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #5,088 of 18,967
Many years ago, this old woman died and somehow I got roped in to clearing her house and to take whatever I wanted.

I found old walt disney 78’s from the 1930’s.

It has a label on it but I can’t recall what it was, does anybody know if that would be worth anything nowadays ?

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #5,089 of 18,967
Many years ago, this old woman died and somehow I got roped in to clearing her house and to take whatever I wanted.

It has a label on it but I can’t recall what it was, does anybody know if that would be worth anything nowadays ?

Anything can be worth something to the right person.

Who knows, this could be similar to when del boy found the harrison lesser watch...

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #5,090 of 18,967
Anything can be worth something to the right person.

Who knows, this could be similar to when del boy found the harrison lesser watch...

I wish, but to be honest, I don’t really need another £6 million quid. Seriously though, I wouldn’t have the faintest idea where to start. It’s also missing it’s sleeve so it’s probably worthless. It also seems to be made from something other than the vinyl that we know today. It seem’s thicker and more brittle than vinyl.

There was a few of those walt disney ones and also one in a sleeve, which is not a disney one. I can’t recall the name now, but it was a band or artist who is/was famous decades ago.

I suppose I will never know if they are/were worth anything and sticking it on ebay is too much hassle.

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #5,092 of 18,967

Anything Disney sells for big money over here, especially if it is in mint condition.

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #5,093 of 18,967
I ordered a second power supply and I'm waiting to get it from Chord. I have already found that I'd like to listen to it in two different locations in my house and getting behind the cabinet each time is a pain. I will need to buy/make a charging cable to power my SR15 while using as the source. I have had help on this that I am grateful for.

On a side note is there a device out there to make hi-res audio files from a vinyl recording? I don't know how noise free many of the USB turntables are.
That does not make much sense. Tt2 and m scaler combo is so good in making digital files sound vinyl like, that it's better to get hold the digital copies (flac cd rip ) of vinyl albums you want to convert to digital. In fact in future you may see m scaler technology for use in making vinyl master of native digital recordings.

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #5,094 of 18,967
That does not make much sense. Tt2 and m scaler combo is so good in making digital files sound vinyl like, that it's better to get hold the digital copies (flac cd rip ) of vinyl albums you want to convert to digital. In fact in future you may see m scaler technology for use in making vinyl master of native digital recordings.

Some of the vinyl I own I've never seen a CD version.

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #5,095 of 18,967
Mar 28, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #5,096 of 18,967
@Rob Watts The filters on TT2 are implemented in SW or HW?
The FIL3 is (too) subtle as stated in TT2 manual. To make it stronger would it be enough to change a factor in the firmware?
I would love to be able to elevate bass, including and specially sub-bass, to compensate for bass light headphones.
That is the only thing holding me from ordering immediately a TT2.

Mar 28, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #5,097 of 18,967
The FIL3 is (too) subtle as stated in TT2 manual. To make it stronger would it be enough to change a factor in the firmware?
I would love to be able to elevate bass, including and specially sub-bass, to compensate for bass light headphones.

You could always use Roon and apply an eq. I have the Utopias (reportedly bass light) and the TT2. For those albums that need a slight bump I followed Tylls settings from Inner fidelity

Low shelf at 72.8 HZ, 3.78db gain with a Q of 0.1

Mar 28, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #5,098 of 18,967
The filters work in the digital domain, hence can be called «software». Since you use foobar2000, why not use an equalizer specifically designed for it? Allows you to build your own compensation curve(s).

Mar 28, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #5,099 of 18,967
The filters work in the digital domain, hence can be called «software». Since you use foobar2000, why not use an equalizer specifically designed for it? Allows you to build your own compensation curve(s).
Then I would loose bit perfect, which Rob states is critical to get the most out of his DACs.
But since you mention it, is anyone using foobar2000 with an EQ and recommend it?

If it is in the digital domain, I wonder, is it a matter of changing coefficients for existing functions or does it require specific coding.

You could always use Roon and apply an eq. I have the Utopias (reportedly bass light) and the TT2. For those albums that need a slight bump I followed Tylls settings from Inner fidelity
Low shelf at 72.8 HZ, 3.78db gain with a Q of 0.1

No Roon here. Locked on PC with foobar2000. I can't live without is customizable UI now. Only source are all CDs ripped to WAV on the hard drive.
I have the Clear which has more bass than the Utopia and I don't find the bass missing is slight or subtle (with the mojo). It is significant, it is tame compared to Fidelio X2, whch even then I would prefer more.
The problem are Rob recommendations (bit perfect and no external amp) that lock us without the ability to customize our preferences, therefore the importance of Chord providing a way for us to customize it in the Chord DAC itself.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #5,100 of 18,967
Then I would loose bit perfect, which Rob states is critical to get the most out of his DACs.
But since you mention it, is anyone using foobar2000 with an EQ and recommend it?
You have a wrong understanding of bit perfection. The term stands for the lack of resampling, but of course any form of digital signal processing is allowed and represents no signal degradation per se – quite the opposite, if you think of an over-all linearization of a system (primarily adapted to the sound transducers' nonlinearities). Every recording you listen to has been equalized once or twice. And the filters you are expecting from your Chord DAC are digital equalizers as well. Crossfeed and digital volume control represent DSP and therefore also violate your image of «bit perfection». The M Scaler destroys bit perfection, too. So please forget it and use the proposed equalizer! :slight_smile: Like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back