Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 7, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #4,412 of 18,905
Will the TT2 drive lcd-4s with ease vs the TT which can struggle? Driving them single ended?
I have TT2 and LCD4 and it drives them easily from headphone out. It’s the best I’ve ever heard my LCD4 sound. Finally hearing what they are capable of. Used to have Hugo2 which was ok but clearly lacking a bit of power, TT2 is a huge improvement in every way.

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #4,414 of 18,905
Anyone have tried the TT2 directly with movies, for example Netflix? I am curious to read how it sounds.

Yes and it’s What good, no that’s not right.

It’s.

OMGWTFBBQ good.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #4,415 of 18,905
Will the TT2 drive lcd-4s with ease vs the TT which can struggle? Driving them single ended?
yes it will work easily ,, single ended ..

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #4,416 of 18,905
I borrowed TT2 for about a week and would like to report that it drove my B&W805 Diamond easily with single ended. I had to go for white volume when using low gain mode but after switching to high gain mode, I could keep the volume at blue or purple.
The sound when driving speakers directly was totally fantastic!! Huge sound stage with powerful and solid bass, precise instrument locations, and no harshness at all.
Dave is still more natural, full and with much more timber variations but TT2 is more speedy and equal in sound stage size. The sound signature of TT2 suits well with rock, pops and jazz music. Maybe not best for classical music as everything sounds very speedy.
I think anyone can live with just having TT2 and efficient speakers which is truly amazing.

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #4,417 of 18,905
I borrowed TT2 for about a week and would like to report that it drove my B&W805 Diamond easily with single ended. I had to go for white volume when using low gain mode but after switching to high gain mode, I could keep the volume at blue or purple.
The sound when driving speakers directly was totally fantastic!! Huge sound stage with powerful and solid bass, precise instrument locations, and no harshness at all.
Dave is still more natural, full and with much more timber variations but TT2 is more speedy and equal in sound stage size. The sound signature of TT2 suits well with rock, pops and jazz music. Maybe not best for classical music as everything sounds very speedy.
I think anyone can live with just having TT2 and efficient speakers which is truly amazing.
Would love to see some photos front and back of your setup:)

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #4,418 of 18,905
As I continue to rip our collection to play on the TT 2 I came across one of my favorite tracks to play probably a little too loud...

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #4,419 of 18,905
As I continue to rip our collection to play on the TT 2 I came across one of my favorite tracks to play probably a little too loud...

You call that music ..... your equipment should be confiscated.

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #4,420 of 18,905

Just to pick you up in your comments about classical music, I am trying aTT2 at the moment with HMS and the TT2 is driving direct 89dB Spendor SP100R2 speakers. I have only listened to classical so far and what I am delighting in is the arrack/leading edge of notes, particularly cello. Next week I will be using it with Spendor SP200 speakers so more to report then.

Feb 9, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #4,421 of 18,905
Just to pick you up in your comments about classical music, I am trying aTT2 at the moment with HMS and the TT2 is driving direct 89dB Spendor SP100R2 speakers. I have only listened to classical so far and what I am delighting in is the arrack/leading edge of notes, particularly cello. Next week I will be using it with Spendor SP200 speakers so more to report then.
how does it compare to dave :) now honestly....

Feb 9, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #4,422 of 18,905
how does it compare to dave :) now honestly....

I have changed too many things in the system. I need to back track to do that comparison.

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #4,424 of 18,905
Considering this as a setup in addition to my Dave. Has anyone spent considerable time with both the TT2 and Dave? I am driving Focal Utopia and curious if I will be fairly pleased with the sound.

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #4,425 of 18,905
You call that music ..... your equipment should be confiscated.

Ha, ha actually it's just an interlude between two songs, but I have always been a fan of the timpani and it's rarely used in jazz. I wanted to learn to play it in high school, never did

Users who are viewing this thread

Back