Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 6, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #4,396 of 18,886
It's much better to debate in a friendly constructive manner. There's enough schitt going on in the world to dump more of it in here.

Feb 6, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #4,397 of 18,886
Has there ever been any measurements done of any combination of a Chord DAC and a Blu2/mscaler? So measurements for a Chord DAC and then the same measurements with a mscaler added with that same DAC. Obviously there is a big audible difference but I am wanting to see how that shows itself in the measurements, before and after. I have not seen any measurements as a combination.

Feb 6, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #4,398 of 18,886
Rob's powerpoint slides for hms must show something if i recall correctly. I would ask him.

Feb 6, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #4,399 of 18,886
It's much better to debate in a friendly constructive manner. There's enough schitt going on in the world to dump more of it in here.

Dude, What, you can be as bad as paul2 at times, you just tried to take the piss out of someone for asking a legit question that was basic for you, but the other person didn’t take dac’s 101 class, thus he didn’t know and thats funny ? and to top it off you then post the above

Chill Dawg, show him some love.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #4,400 of 18,886
No no no....i was joking 100%. i once saw a complicated looking flow chart and remembered the dacs were outside of the fpga boxes. the emoticon funny cartoons were meant to reinforce the point i was kidding. i am not the type to look down on anyone. never. All we see of each other is text if you saw my facial impressions everyone would know i'm just fooling around. That post you thought was nasty got 3 likes so they at least cottoned on to the fact i was just fooling around like a mr.know it all.:)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #4,401 of 18,886
No no no....i was joking 100%. i once saw a complicated looking flow chart and remembered the dacs were outside of the fpga boxes. the emoticon funny cartoons were meant to reinforce the point i was kidding. i am not the type to look down on anyone. never. All we see of each other is text if you saw my facial impressions everyone would know i'm just fooling around. That post you thought was nasty got 3 likes so they at least cottoned on to the fact i was just fooling around like a mr.know it all.:)

It’s all good MK :wink:

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #4,403 of 18,886
tt2 has plenty of bass for EDM with hd800s, not sure if other headphones do more. but these are currently rumbling away, loads of energy, i imagine they sound just right. Prodigy -> Experienced is something you dont forget in a hurry. Orb C Batter C, Beyond the Legend, really really good.

Glad to actually listen to some electronic music as been pigging out on Talking Heads and Patsy Cline.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #4,404 of 18,886
I second this @Scorpion1611 try the LCD 4Z or the empyrean they can both be powered from your sp1000 very well. The 4Z sounds great from the SP1000

The 4Z is a wonderful companion to the dave/blu2......very efficient negating need for external amp

Feb 6, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #4,405 of 18,886
If there's anyone wondering if the Abyss 1266 Phi and Hugo TT2 are a good match, the answer is YES. I'm driving them out from the balanced XLR outs and they have more than enough power and oomph. The stunning clarity and transparency of this combination is magical.

Even the single ended is powerful enough and I also don't detect any noticeable difference in transparency between the balanced out and single ended.

20190206_205023_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #4,407 of 18,886
I could have took a break on rung 3, and been happy..... only upgraditus got the better of me...

Well I'm suffering from "deliverus incompletus" LOL

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #4,408 of 18,886
If there's anyone wondering if the Abyss 1266 Phi and Hugo TT2 are a good match, the answer is YES. I'm driving them out from the balanced XLR outs and they have more than enough power and oomph. The stunning clarity and transparency of this combination is magical.

Even the single ended is powerful enough and I also don't detect any noticeable difference in transparency between the balanced out and single ended.

Thanks I was wondering. Do you find it bright? I saw someone else said as a combo it was too bright and another message farther back said you wouldn't want to drive headphones off of the XLR on the back? You sure your Abyss won't melt at some point?

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #4,409 of 18,886
Thanks I was wondering. Do you find it bright? I saw someone else said as a combo it was too bright and another message farther back said you wouldn't want to drive headphones off of the XLR on the back? You sure your Abyss won't melt at some point?
Not bright at all. I used to drive them from a Hugo 2 and this is definitely warmer and meatier. It sounds sublime. I don't see why you can't drive them from the balanced out, Rob Watts has stated a few times that there's no harm in that. I like the additional headroom, though at 0H volume, it is louder than I'll ever need. I customized my Dana Lazuli cable for the rear outs, so I'm definitely using them. I also like leaving them plugged in and can plug in any other headphone on the front and it switches, very convenient. Joe (from Abyss) recommends amps with way more power than the TT2 can deliver, so the Abyss is fine with it.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #4,410 of 18,886
Not bright at all. I used to drive them from a Hugo 2 and this is definitely warmer and meatier. It sounds sublime. I don't see why you can't drive them from the balanced out, Rob Watts has stated a few times that there's no harm in that. I like the additional headroom, though at 0H volume, it is louder than I'll ever need. I customized my Dana Lazuli cable for the rear outs, so I'm definitely using them. I also like leaving them plugged in and can plug in any other headphone on the front and it switches, very convenient. Joe (from Abyss) recommends amps with way more power than the TT2 can deliver, so the Abyss is fine with it.

Thanks for your impressions. I'm toying with the idea of trying to reduce the footprint of my headphone setup and the TT2 might fit the bill. I also want to drive a couple powered monitors which I'm using the XLR out from my V281. I don't think I'm ready to give up the Abyss yet. Then again everything I have sounds good enough to me as is. Still curious about this Chord thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back