Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #3,796 of 18,905
I can mate, Hugo TT 2 is so powerful driving speakers direct.
Should I try 18 watts again, need to ask other ppl first
I managed a good listening volume with 0.5W. I know that you have posted about liking your music loud, but a TT2 with 7W single ended, will give you 14 times the power that I was using.
Please try single ended first, and see how you get on.
:slight_smile:

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #3,797 of 18,905
I managed a good listening volume with 0.5W. I know that you have posted about liking your music loud, but a TT2 with 7W single ended, will give you 14 times the power that I was using.
Please try single ended first, and see how you get on.
:slight_smile:
It's 9 watts single ended mate and I've tried both mate, overheated on 18 watts but unit I think was faulty, at 9 watts it worked OK but was quite hot, my black hugo TT 2 replacement stays cool.
Could be wrong about the 9 watts

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #3,802 of 18,905
It's 9 watts single ended mate and I've tried both mate, overheated on 18 watts but unit I think was faulty, at 9 watts it worked OK but was quite hot, my black hugo TT 2 replacement stays cool.
Could be wrong about the 9 watts

Mate I'm thinking of some small speakers for my TV, run from my TT2 mate.

Did you establish the correct pin wiring on the XLR's following blowing up the original TT2 mate?

Thanks mate

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #3,804 of 18,905
It's OK I'll have my focal aria 936 speakers next week. Can life get any better?
Mike why do ppl put on their profile what hi-fi kit they have lol.
Look at me I've got this who cares

It allows others to put posts in to context mate as it's not about individual components in isolation, but how the system works together as a whole.

Can life life get any better? You won't know until you've actually heard the 936's in your room and your system mate. I can see Nintronics having another open box bargin on their site in the very near future.

Music not boxes mate!

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #3,806 of 18,905
Mate I'm thinking of some small speakers for my TV, run from my TT2 mate.

Did you establish the correct pin wiring on the XLR's following blowing up the original TT2 mate?

Thanks mate

https://www.flashbacksales.co.uk/ac...ts-4-x-4mm-in-line-sockets-cable-set-372.html

“The XLR connectors are wired
pin 2 = red
pin 3 = black”

I’m using these adapters as previously posted by another user.
Work a treat, means I can reuse my existing speaker wire. I imagined the 7 watts over crap speaker wire to my 86db bw602 speakers was not sufficient. I had to crank the volume to get another sounding decent in the sweet spot. But this generated a lot of reverb around the house (maybe too much low frequency and not acoustically treated room).
Now on the 18w xlr connection and speaker feels more like it did with the power amp in the line. A nice volume / still only about -20H to -10h sounds nice and full in sweet spot without distorting around the house.

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #3,807 of 18,905
https://www.flashbacksales.co.uk/ac...ts-4-x-4mm-in-line-sockets-cable-set-372.html

pin 2 = red
pin 3 = black”

Work a treat, means I can reuse my existing speaker wire. I imagined the 7 watts over crap speaker wire to my 86db bw602 speakers was not sufficient. I had to crank the volume to get another sounding decent in the sweet spot. But this generated a lot of reverb around the house (maybe too much low frequency and not acoustically treated room).
Now on the 18w xlr connection and speaker feels more like it did with the power amp in the line. A nice volume / still only about -20H to -10h sounds nice and full in sweet spot without distorting around the house.

Thanks ZappaMan,

They look like a great option which removes the DIY risk.

What speakers are you using ?

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #3,808 of 18,905

pin 2 = red
pin 3 = black”

- 10 lol , try -2 and watch it cry like a baby

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #3,809 of 18,905
Has anyone ever used Anderson PowerPole connectors? Seems like an easy solution to switch from 9 watt to 18 watt pins.

Housings come in multiple colors so easy to switch.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #3,810 of 18,905
It's nice ppl wanna share what hi-fi they have on their profile, it empowers them in some way

It’s often there so others can quickly see what audio chain is being used to give others reference. But hey, you’re free to make assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back