1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
Next

Last
  1. JamieMcC
    Can I get some thoughts on connecting a active sub or second amp to the TT2 when using it in amp mode in order to drive some 15" subs (if required) not sure I will need it but want to know if something like that would work ie using both sets of outputs one to drive speakers second to feed a another amp or active sub?

2. JamieMcC
    Anyone tried running the Hifiman HE-6 with their TT2 yet?

3. jarnopp
    Any impressions or revelations?

4. jarnopp
    Like, as soon as when...IF...I ever get the TT2. Welcome to America!

supervisor likes this.
  5. ray-dude
    This is a TT2 thread so I want to be sensitive to that, but maybe this will encourage @Mojo ideas to get more TT2’s to the US (or sign up a US distributor that actually makes an effort to order and deliver product)

The Omegas really benefit from the current amps (vs being driven direct). The level of control, tonal balance, and authority got way up. Alas, even with the single transistor design of the F2J, you still lose a heck of a lot of transparency. I value transparency above all else, so I’m fine with that trade off, but others in our crew need that oomph that the amp brings. We are very hopeful that the TT2 will be the best of both worlds for these speakers.

The Voxs both sing with or without the amp (full control, much more woth the 4D driver) transparency is off the charts, and the amps don’t bring much to the table, but they do bring a bit more. We’re hopeful the TT2 will really showcase the incredible speed and precision the Vox drivers are capable of.

The Massdrop amp just didn’t do justice to these speakers. I loved my Benchmark amp, so that was a disappointment.

I’ll post on cables separately but the tl;dr is that even with the HMS, the lift from the WAVE cables was unambiguous, even over my Frankencable

Amberlamps, AC-12 and jarnopp like this.
  6. dawktah2
    I would have been there, I guess my invitation got lost on the mail. Wine and gear in hand

ray-dude likes this.
  7. jarnopp
    Thanks! When I come I’ll bring a TT2 and a Barolo, as that’s how I imagine it vs Dave’s Bordeaux and Hugo2 as Burgundy. I suppose Mojo would be an excellent any-time Malbec. Breaking in the Omega’s now while waiting (also with HE-6, XLR speaker and headphone adapters, and new speaker cable). Bring it on!

ray-dude likes this.
  8. ray-dude
    For folks in San Diego area, drop a note. If real life/family stuff allows, always eager for an excuse to share good music and benefit from having critical ears in the house. For those that bring their Susvaras or Abyss Phi's to pass around and audition, I promise to break the really good stuff out of the cellar (hopefully we'll have a TT2 by then :wink:

9. Antonio Meze
    That is nice to hear :D

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
  10. kyle1010
    I’m in the San Diego area. Will LCD-4s qualify for the cellar good stuff? How about a round at my place with the WA33 or ML Expressions? Really want to hear that TT2 when you get it too :wink:

11. JamieMcC
    lol neat hope it arrives soon for you. My HE-6's have had little head time over the last 24 months after selling my Nelson Pass speaker amp which I used to drive them. Fingers crossed the TT2 is going to work well with them.

12. Fogelstrauss
    This Thread is a goldmine

Amberlamps likes this.
  13. aldavey
    I'm using the TT2 (high gain) with 86db B & Ws no problem at all.

supervisor likes this.
  14. Amberlamps
    How do you figure out what db you are listening at ?

Ok, TT2 does show you the - and + db, but it doesn’t show as high as - or + 86db, so how do you get to that number ?

Cheers

15. AxelCloris Administrator
    Please keep the discussion on-topic. Thanks everyone.

First

Back
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
Next

Last