Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 2, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #3,781 of 18,905
Certainly a huge improvement compared to the HE1000V2 which even the DAVE can't provide enough power to make them sing.
That's the first time I read this. For a lot of people (myself incuded) the DAVE driving the HE1000 is a dream combo. And now this! The world is going crazy! :astonished:

Jan 2, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #3,782 of 18,905
I can’t see how the math works out...buying 5 figures in high end audio, and no job?! Only one explanation... fiction.
I've explained this but I'll explain it again, I've spent a fortune on hi-fi when I did have a job and I've been very shrewd in how I've part ex my stuff to get what I've now got, not had to pay a penny so I'm afraid it's non fiction

Jan 2, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #3,784 of 18,905
Like I said that's my business not urs flum.
Had my interview today and got the leaders role so permanent now so doesn't seem ridiculous from my stand point.
Thanks for the interest in me it's quite flattering. As for listening before I buy my dealer is 3 and a half hours away

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #3,785 of 18,905
Think of it this way, dac’s come and go and get refreshed every couple of years, Rob’s Mscaler will still be here for years to come, so whatever you do, at one point in life you will probably have a chord dac and an mscaler.

As for speakers, TT2 will be better at that than H2, even with an amp in the loop.

It’s a hard decision to make as they are both excellent devices, actually all 3 are excellent devices, MScaler, H2 and TT2.

:wink:
But you don't own any speakers? ? You can't give advice on Hugo TT 2 when you haven't heard it through speakers, you say with or without an amp in the chain, you kept telling me I was mad driving my hugo TT 2 direct

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #3,786 of 18,905
Paul those Focal aria 936 are reasonably sensitive I think you will probably be surprised at the difference that increased sensitivity makes and reckon your going to have bags of headroom volume wise (edit driving them direct from the TT2). Are you going to have to endure a long wait before you get them or are they on their way already?

Keep us updated mate.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #3,787 of 18,905
Paul those Focal aria 936 are reasonably sensitive I think you will probably be surprised at the difference that increased sensitivity makes and reckon your going to have bags of headroom volume wise (edit driving them direct from the TT2). Are you going to have to endure a long wait before you get them or are they on their way already?Jamie I thought that too, increased sensitivity and a metre and a half closer to me

Keep us updated mate.
I never heard back from nintronics mate but I rang Naim and they said 3 to 4 weeks before I get them.
I will keep you updated Jamie, sensitivity and the fact that my speakers will be one and a half metres closer to me is a winning formula

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #3,788 of 18,905
I've had a long chat with Roger today from nintronics and he has convinced me to keep my Meze audio Empyrean headphones and get the focal aria 936
Last night I was enjoying the Hugo 2 direct driving my pair of MA Silver standmounts. The jazz piano sounded lovely, but the double bass did seem a little lightweight.
The volume was blue, and the Hugo 2 temperature was slightly above ambient temperature.
Tonight I have connected the Hugo 2 to the 936, and left everything else unchanged. To my amazement, the Hugo 2 drives the 936, using just half a watt of power.
The shimmer of cymbals is something else, and the double bass has improved definition.

You should be able to easily drive your 936, with a TT2.
:)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #3,789 of 18,905
Last night I was enjoying the Hugo 2 direct driving my pair of MA Silver standmounts. The jazz piano sounded lovely, but the double bass did seem a little lightweight.
The volume was blue, and the Hugo 2 temperature was slightly above ambient temperature.
Tonight I have connected the Hugo 2 to the 936, and left everything else unchanged. To my amazement, the Hugo 2 drives the 936, using just half a watt of power.
The shimmer of cymbals is something else, and the double bass has improved definition.

Love these little pearls of info just priceless imho

Cheers for posting

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #3,790 of 18,905
But you don't own any speakers? ? You can't give advice on Hugo TT 2 when you haven't heard it through speakers, you say with or without an amp in the chain, you kept telling me I was mad driving my hugo TT 2 direct

Who doesn’t own speakers ?

The reason I don’t use speakers is because I’m colour blind. Because I’m colour blind, I would probably solder the 2 coloured speaker wires to the wrong pins and blow my TT2 up in the process.

Thats why I don’t do it, or give people bogus advice. I just point them in a direction and let them choose for themselves what they want to do.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #3,791 of 18,905
2066645-focal-aria-936-floorstanding-speakers-walnut-finish.jpg

Hey Mike that's great news mate, I got some bad news today, focal don't do the aria 936 in white so I've gone with the prime walnut, matches my furniture.
They in stock so should get them next week

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #3,792 of 18,905

Hey Mike that's great news mate, I got some bad news today, focal don't do the aria 936 in white so I've gone with the prime walnut, matches my furniture
I couldn't believe that my Hugo 2 would direct drive them - I now wish that I had tried direct driving them months ago.
Focal used to do their speakers in white, but it does look like they have now replaced white by pale walnut.
https://www.son-video.com/article/enceintes-colonne/focal/aria-936-noyer-fonce

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #3,793 of 18,905
The Walnut looks way better to me and seeing them in your pic above certainly gives a better sense of scale they look considerably more substantial than the dealers website pic I first looked at.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #3,795 of 18,905
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back