Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 10, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #17 of 18,895
All that will be sorted upon launch by distributors blue bird. Probably with in shot of tt1 price or there about.....

May 10, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #18 of 18,895
I don't get Chord strategy here? What additional market share is gained here, over DAVE? It's looking like this will be priced around 4K pounds, so about 5.5k dollars.

May 10, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #19 of 18,895
I don't get Chord strategy here? What additional market share is gained here, over DAVE? It's looking like this will be priced around 4K pounds, so about 5.5k dollars.
Mojo>Hugo>tt> Dave. Simple. Mid market desktop versus high end market desktop....makes perfect sense. Save a few quid go to qutest.

May 10, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #20 of 18,895
E3,9XX. Betting about $4,800 Canadian. About $4,200 U.S.

Will likely be higher. You couldn't even get the original Hugo TT for that.

May 10, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #22 of 18,895
Save a few quid go to qutest.

Qutest is a very nice DAC however it has no built in headphone amp. One of the areas (of many) where Chord really excels is in their direct digital headphone amp out implementations.

May 10, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #24 of 18,895
Mm...the Chord Hugo TT was my 2nd Chord product. Traded it for the Chord Dave. This new version of the TT looks very sexy. Loved the TT as it required no external power source, making it a true reference-grade transportable DAC/Headphone amp that can be paired with just about any top-tier headphones.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #25 of 18,895
Mojo>Hugo>tt> Dave. Simple. Mid market desktop versus high end market desktop....makes perfect sense. Save a few quid go to qutest.

You can get a DAVE, new, around 8K. This will be far too close to the TT2. So basically, Chord will only cannibalize on it's high end customer base. Save a few quid on a TT2, but hardly a mid tier DAC.

May 10, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #26 of 18,895
Not in canada Dave is more than 3 times tt, almost 4 times really. So there is a definite mid market versus high end market pp

May 10, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #28 of 18,895
Why don't you get a balanced headphone output for £3,996?
There's balanced XLR connections on the back for connecting an external amp, but not a balanced headphone jack.
Is this directed at anyone in particular , me?

May 10, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #29 of 18,895
The reason being is that chord is an se dac. With balanced out options

May 10, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #30 of 18,895
Why don't you get a balanced headphone output for £3,996?
There's balanced XLR connections on the back for connecting an external amp, but not a balanced headphone jack.

The DAC is not balanced. For more on this see this post, from Chord:

Hello I have posted about this some time ago
The primary reason many Dacs have a balanced internal topology is try to overcome switching noise that has been induced into the Dac chips substrate. Balanced circuitry though causes other distortions that should be avoided. Chord Dacs have no substrate switching noise because the switching elements are seperated from the FPGA and more importantly from the analogue circuitry. So because we don't use standard Dac chips that can suffer from these problems. Therefore we do not have no need to used a balanced internal topology so we don't! The balanced analogue outputs are derived externally in analogue form only from single ended ultra low distortion output. I hope that is not too confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back