Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 25, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #14,956 of 18,905
I know this has been asked before, so please excuse me...but: when connecting the TT2 to an external amp, are there any advantages of employing XLR rather than RCA?
I ask myself this same question, but with a difference, considering connecting the TT2 to an integrated amplifier (Audionet) that drives ProAc D25 column speakers.
or connect the TT2 to a power amplifier, then using the TT2 as a digital preamplifier.

I will appreciate your comments

Oct 25, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #14,957 of 18,905
I know this has been asked before, so please excuse me...but: when connecting the TT2 to an external amp, are there any advantages of employing XLR rather than RCA?
No cause the TT2 is a single ended design

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #14,958 of 18,905
Good stuff, when I got the Sagra I thought it lacked the same attributes. On top of everything you discovered about it I thought the notes were rounded and transients weren't as sharp or crisp as the Dave. So I put a Singxer SU-6 DDC in front of it and every aspect of the Sagra DAC improved. Still not Dave level but big step up. Are you going to hang onto the Sagra as an alternative to the TT2?

I heard some postive impression about SU6, never tried myself though.

No, I stick with TT2, and after tried this XIAudio set up, I think would be more wise for me to purchase another flagship before add any amps.
Happy to join the TT2 family. I've demoed it several times, so knew what to expect. That said, I just hooked it to my Cayin C9 amp via XLR to 4.4mm and will say - nice! It's amazing how well this amp scales when paired with a high-end DAC.

I know it's TT2 thread, but I just want to rave your VC, looks so goddamn beautiful sir

Question of the day: Who else remove the plastic cover of remote sensor?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #14,959 of 18,905
I heard some postive impression about SU6, never tried myself though.

No, I stick with TT2, and after tried this XIAudio set up, I think would be more wise for me to purchase another flagship before add any amps.

I know it's TT2 thread, but I just want to rave your VC, looks so goddamn beautiful sir

Question of the day: Who else remove the plastic cover of remote sensor?
hell no lol

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #14,960 of 18,905
TT2 peoples.

Does it remember the gain setting separately for each mode? As in if I had High Gain on the HP output, but low gain set on the Preamp/Amplication mode, will it retain those settings separately?

Oct 27, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #14,963 of 18,905
Amp mode is either low or high gain
Yes. What I mean is will it remember what gain and volume the Amplication mode is set to? And then remember what gain and volume the HP mode is set to? And remember both those sets of settings separately?

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #14,966 of 18,905
Nifty.

How do you rate its headphone amp stage? Compare it to anything else directly?
Well, as you might remember, I was a Sparkos Aries user/fan before. Then I went all LTA. For me, the amp stage on the TT2 is better than these in terms of coherence and transparency, not to mention sheer power. Having the TT2, I can't imagine any scenario where I'd want or need another SS amp alongside the TT2. A tube amp? Yes, sure but only to colour it. So, in sum, the amp stage is as good as the best SS amp I've heard. The fact you have a whole package in one compact unit, is a serious bonus on top of that.

I also had the pleasure of listening to the D8000 Pro, which you have, a few weeks ago and have been thinking about it ever since. Would love a pair, my only quibble was the weight. But the build and presentation of sound..... :ok_hand:

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #14,968 of 18,905
Awesome.

Will get a demo unit in to hear and compare. Qutest / Aries v. TT2 !
I just upgraded from Qutest and for sure the DAC portion is notably better on the TT2 - way more body/heft in the overall presentation. Qutest is a fantastic DAC (and people seem to be loving the Anni combo) but the TT2 has a more robust signature without being overly warm/smooth.

Let us know what you think. So far, I'm very impressed with the TT2.

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #14,969 of 18,905
I had the Qutest before the TT2 as well. It was paid with the Auralic Aries G1 at the time and extra body texture for sure. I also felt the soundstage depth and imaging were also better. The Qutest is a mighty fine DAC... it's just the TT2 can do all that and more... plus it is a great Pre-Amp into the Etude if you use/build a speaker system as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back