Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 12, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #12,451 of 18,991
@DJJEZ

Wow, I assume you ordered from a dealer that doesn't keep them in stock or is there a shortage in the UK? They insta-ship from Moon audio in the US. I ordered one not too long ago.

On the upside: you know you'll be getting a fresh unit and if they've found anything with recent reports of trouble, yours will likely be well tested for such issues!
@DJJEZ

Wow, I assume you ordered from a dealer that doesn't keep them in stock or is there a shortage in the UK? They insta-ship from Moon audio in the US. I ordered one not too long ago.

On the upside: you know you'll be getting a fresh unit and if they've found anything with recent reports of trouble, yours will likely be well tested for such issues!

The UK is having major stock issues with the TT2. I bought my Mscaler last week and it arrived next day delivery but the TT2's are really hard to get hold of here and noone has any stock currently.

Feb 12, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #12,452 of 18,991
Yes...I received my TT2 last week in the US as well. There are still a few dealers with dwindling stock. I did grab the last M Scaler at my dealer and he was told that the wait for more M Scalers could be 3+ months to replenish is inventory.

The UK is having major stock issues with the TT2. I bought my Mscaler last week and it arrived next day delivery but the TT2's are really hard to get hold of here and noone has any stock currently.

Sounds like the US should trade some TT2s back for a few MScalers!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #12,453 of 18,991
For those of you using your TT2 with Tidal, what is your strategy for getting the best sound?

- Master with first MQA unfold done in software
- Master with MQA passthrough turned on (in which case the TT2 treats it as a 16/44.1)
- Hifi

I'm mostly using the last two though I did spend a good deal of time listening with software unfold. I think I'm finding things slightly more pleasant to listen to without the first unfold, but honestly I hate A/Bing things at this level with so many variables and with these kinds of changes I don't trust A/Bing because the brain plays tricks.

What I can't figure out is if there is any difference between the latter two, for instance does chord gear ultimately end up processing the same bits or are there material differences between master and hifi files when used as 16/44.1.

I haven't switched to Amazon because I like a few Tidal integrations and MQA works well on some of my bluesound speakers for casual listening (though Amazon would probably play just about as well there).
I've no idea, but have you tried Qobuz?

Feb 12, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #12,457 of 18,991
Silly question but does anyone find it strange that the RCA out on the back of the TT2 is split so wide apart? I find that some RCA cables don't work with this configuration. Just something I thought was odd.
Yeah, I suppose the TT2 RCA outputs do make wrangling the L & R cables a challenge for those of us that are a bit anal about our cables lining up! :upside_down:

Feb 12, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #12,459 of 18,991
Silly question but does anyone find it strange that the RCA out on the back of the TT2 is split so wide apart? I find that some RCA cables don't work with this configuration. Just something I thought was odd.
Looks like a desire to make it symmetrical as opposed to a signal path concern. Just my $.02!
8619732A-6862-4B25-B26C-4DA45634A349.jpeg

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #12,463 of 18,991
Feb 13, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #12,464 of 18,991
But why is life chiral? Proteins are left handed - the mirror image (right handed) doesn't work.

Just as I was guessing with your creation, I would guess for nature’s creation that was the most optimal/efficient structure given the circumstances (in the absence of a central nervous system)

edit: but I realize I opened a can of worms bringing the whys of nature into things

what I should have said is that symmetrical and efficient aren’t mutually exclusive

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #12,465 of 18,991
It's not the $8K for the WA33, it's the tube Rabbit Hole you enter to find the best combinations that is fun, maddening and yes more than a few $$$!

I try to treat as if it's solid state and the tubes don't come out, LOL 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back