Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 16, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #11,746 of 19,014
It sounds more real. Impressions depend on musical preferences. For vocals and live instruments M Scaler is a game changer. Every opera lover should buy it without doubts. HMS still would be an improvement for electronics or even popular music with it’s loud mastering, but not that big.

I can report that the M-Scaler even works very well with non Chord DACs. I have mine also connected to a Devialet Expert 500, and it makes a significant improvement with playback from that as well.

Jan 16, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #11,750 of 19,014
The TT2 arrived yesterday. With the 126 phi, using the XLR out sounds quite a bit better than the SE out. Amazing sound with the TT2 when combined with the M-Scaler.

I've been using the same config for almost a month now, and it's breathtaking, with all kinds of music.
Now I want to relisten to all my albums. Everything is rich and fresh. So much joy! :relieved:

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #11,751 of 19,014
Tt2 with m scaler into benchmark ahb2 is a match made in heaven. Set both tt2 and ahb2 in low gain mode and connect XLR to XLR. This is the most transparent,direct and least signal degrading path one can get to any amp.

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #11,754 of 19,014
Jan 16, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #11,755 of 19,014
Upgrade time then... :laughing:
I think that's the way, I tried it at the beginning of the year, but the commercial manager of Audionet in Berlin did not want to ship the Monoblock Max amplifiers to Chile, I will have to find another way to get them
amp_b_b.jpg

Jan 16, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #11,756 of 19,014
I think that's the way, I tried it at the beginning of the year, but the commercial manager of Audionet in Berlin did not want to ship the Monoblock Max amplifiers to Chile, I will have to find another way to get themamp_b_b.jpg
What speakers do you use?

Jan 16, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #11,758 of 19,014
ProAc Response D-25, and you?
I'm using ATC SCM40A, so there's no amp needed and the TT2 goes straight into them. The only speakers I would get rid of these for would be the 50ASL or, ideally, the 100ASL. I've been very happy with the change to active speakers.

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #11,759 of 19,014
The TT2 arrived yesterday. With the 126 phi, using the XLR out sounds quite a bit better than the SE out. Amazing sound with the TT2 when combined with the M-Scaler.
Definitely agree on the rear XLRs doing the AB1266 justice.
I've been using the same config for almost a month now, and it's breathtaking, with all kinds of music.
Now I want to relisten to all my albums. Everything is rich and fresh. So much joy! :relieved:
My TT2/M-Scaler XLR out has been connected to my integrated amp but after seeing the above comments I have spent a couple of hours switching back and forth with a variety of music between the XLR and single ended headphone out. I tried a variety of headphone combinations (Stellia, Clear and Utopia) and conclude that XLR is better though the Utopia Danacable reference single end headphone cable is pretty exceptional. I’m going to leave the XLR amp connection in place for the near term to spend more time evaluating; if I wasn’t using the XLR for my amp/speaker 2.1 set up, I might even consider sending the Danacable to change the amp connection to balanced XLR. It’s easy enough to reconnect the amp. Here’s a pic.
660FE5B5-8FAF-4254-A3C2-E9C94E298CDC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back