Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 12, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #9,466 of 18,905
Jitter bug is for digital transfer from a noisy source like an iMac. It can smooth and clean the signal a little. Now the real solution is a quality music server and forget the jitterbug. Forget a computer.
jitterbug can help but at an expense of dynamic transparency. It’s cheap fix tho

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #9,469 of 18,905
It’s 75$ give it a try, you plug it into the lab top USB port, then plug your USB into it that then goes into your dac. I use a jitterbug on my 2nd desktop system from my iMac as the file source.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #9,470 of 18,905
That sounds bad, you blew up the amp. Probably shorted the balanced outs. You can't reliably connect XLRs to singled ended!

I disagree with your statement. Headphones are naturally balanced and are terminated as SE. if there is a balanced connection, as long as it’s correctly wired and the adapter is good, there should be no issue.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #9,471 of 18,905
Now I'm more confused than ever. What is the right information.. Just want the best of the tt2 and my laptop

Just buy a Monoprice USB cable on Amazon. If you want the best sound out of your TT2, invest in high quality source files (from HD Tracks or Acoustic Sounds) and/or upgrade your headphones or speakers, whichever you are using. The USB cable will not change the game for you. Upgrading the source files you are playing, and the speakers/headphones you are driving will improve the sound dramatically.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #9,472 of 18,905
I disagree with your statement. Headphones are naturally balanced and are terminated as SE. if there is a balanced connection, as long as it’s correctly wired and the adapter is good, there should be no issue.
That's a big IF. As evidenced by his post, he blew his TT2 so clearly it wasn't a smart thing to do.

Jun 12, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #9,473 of 18,905
That sounds bad, you blew up the amp. Probably shorted the balanced outs. You can't reliably connect XLRs to singled ended!

It's a common thing to see converter XLR 4 pin (or dual 3 pin) female to 6.3mm male. At least here, in my local audio community. Nothing blew off so far. Not even when we tried to plug it to TT2 for many times when in multiple audio gatherings. Of course, "if" everything correctly wired, but it seems any local DIYs here able to do that (as people here tend to built converter at local diy store rather than buying branded one).

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #9,477 of 18,905

Users who are viewing this thread

Back