Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 19, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #7,441 of 18,905
hi all

just got my hugott2 today

sounds great, much better than hugo2

But i got a small issue with it. The remote just doesn’t work some times, no matter how close the distance, tt2 is not responding to the remote control at all.

If i keep pushing buttons after a min or so it responds to remote normally, if i disengage the remote for another 5 min than it backs to broken again.

Is this normal? I do understand that the remote receiver is under the screen (which came without plastic sealer(BT section got the plastic sealer) i suspect this unit is been used before)

Ps i checked the battery it’s full.

Oh well. I never got my remote out of the cardboard box, after receiving my brand new TT2 two weeks ago. I guess I would never take it out if it weren't for you to disquiet me.
It is one of those things that you don't need, but need to know it is working.
Life is unfair, you wanted the remote and got one not working. I did not want one and mine works perfect, just tried all buttons. What a waste...

I think first thing to sort out is if it is a remote issue (more likely) or TT2 issue.
I remember that with first TT2s there was an issue with the window for the remote, but it was quickly solved and I am sure all current TT2 have the proper window.
If it is a remote issue you can try to replace it, while continuing to happily enjoy your TT2.

Oct 19, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #7,442 of 18,905
I wasn't being discourteous to bluenight just joking as i find it hard to understand why one would spend more or equal on cables vs audio gear. i myself use a £400 pure silver headphone cable and £80 RF amphenol bnc cables and a £200 custom made power strip. against £7500 of audio gear that makes sense to me. cables are very important but everyone is free to do as they please. but they should remember expensive does not necessarily mean better.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #7,444 of 18,905
and switched off when not in use.

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #7,445 of 18,905
I wasn't being discourteous to bluenight just joking as i find it hard to understand why one would spend more or equal on cables vs audio gear. i myself use a £400 pure silver headphone cable and £80 RF amphenol bnc cables and a £200 custom made power strip. against £7500 of audio gear that makes sense to me. cables are very important but everyone is free to do as they please. but they should remember expensive does not necessarily mean better.
I did wonder if it could be true with dacs and amps also about price. Reading some dacs mesured better then qutest. And amps like new THX 887 mesuared equal to the much more expensive Benchmark HPA 4. But i guess numbers arent the whole truth and you have to listen with the ears also.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-dx7-pro-dac-and-headphone-amp-reviewed.9446/

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...thx-887-balance-headphone-amp-new-champ.8942/

Now there is a list in the graph showing all previous mesuared amp and dacs.

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #7,446 of 18,905
its been stated that this site is not totally accurate and has a special relationship with mr topping?? given that chord holds numerous awards globally and that i listened to many dacs before i picked chord i would trust chord's measurements before the internet cowboys. ultimately my ear rules though.

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #7,447 of 18,905
I did wonder if it could be true with dacs and amps also about price. Reading some dacs mesured better then qutest. And amps like new THX 887 mesuared equal to the much more expensive Benchmark HPA 4. But i guess numbers arent the whole truth and you have to listen with the ears also.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-dx7-pro-dac-and-headphone-amp-reviewed.9446/

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...thx-887-balance-headphone-amp-new-champ.8942/

Now there is a list in the graph showing all previous mesuared amp and dacs.

I agree measurements are not everything but they are important at the prices we’re talking. On a slightly related note, did anyone else see the measurements they just took over on that site for the PS Audio Perfect Wave Direct Stream DAC? Ouch for PS Audio! If it measures even half as bad as they found, I feel very sorry for all those owners who dropped $6000+ on one.

Chord may not be popular over on that site, but at least they reluctantly acknowledge that Rob Watts is a capable designer.

I feel sorry for the PS Audio designer as he seems like a nice enough guy, but if it really measures that bad, then charging what they are for it is really awful.

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #7,448 of 18,905
it looks to me like a topping promotion site and someone explained earlier how a mojo went missing just when they needed it for an important comparison. sometimes cows feels the urge to emit brown expressions innermost expressions if you get me. and these emissions or expressions have a distinctive odour and i feel a sense of nasal deja vue in the air.

it's well known hugo 1 was a groundbreaking device in 2014 a real game changer and with excellent reviews by the global hifi press based on sound quality. here's what audio science said in their 2019 breakdown. even though their measurements of hugo 1 were excellent.

"As noted though, I can't stand their user interface, the looks, or the sky high price. So can't recommend it personally but you have the data to use as you see fit..."

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #7,449 of 18,905
Two days ago me and @Ragnar-BY have met. Since we are living in the same city the trip take like 10 minutes :) I really wanted to listen to tt2/m-scaler combo and compare it to my 1st hugo tt.

And what can I say ? I'm really amazed how big difference the m scaler does. TT2 on it's own it's definitely a step up vs tt1.
But adding m scaler did the whole magic, it was just mind blowing.
I bet I was looking stupid while listening to the combo and smiling to myself :p
It's hard to describe in words, but the sound was more pronounced, clearer, vivid but at the same time smooth as a baby skin. I mean smooth in a good way not blurred or muddy.
It was like the all harshness digital glare from music was taken. If u want your music to be continuous and feel like analog I guess you can't get closer to that feeling with any other combo.
I was amazed how even not that good recordings sounded much much better with mscaler.
The sound stage opens up goes deeper and deeper.

It's funny but when you listen 1M taps and turn the upsampling off (pass through mode) suddenly everything collapse and that unpleasant digital harshness appears - and you are thinking damn I'm still listening to TT2 (only without mmscaler magic) but it doesn't sound any close to what you were hearing jus a few moment ago. That's how the big difference that was for me.

TT2 is an amazing dac on it's own, but it can't be compared to the tt2/mscaler combo.
Don't get me wrong but when you hear m scaler at it's full potential (1M taps) you are sucked in - it's addicting.

Actually I'm a bit angry at @Ragnar-BY :wink: now I'm sick. It's hard to listen my TT1 back at home.
Already started to saving money for that combo. There is no way I'm not gonna buy this in the future. I'm blown away.
Thanks @Ragnar-BY once again.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #7,450 of 18,905
it looks to me like a topping promotion site and someone explained earlier how a mojo went missing just when they needed it for an important comparison. sometimes cows feels the urge to emit brown expressions innermost expressions if you get me. and these emissions or expressions have a distinctive odour and i feel a sense of nasal deja vue in the air.

it's well known hugo 1 was a groundbreaking device in 2014 a real game changer and with excellent reviews by the global hifi press based on sound quality. here's what audio science said in their 2019 breakdown. even though their measurements of hugo 1 were excellent.

"As noted though, I can't stand their user interface, the looks, or the sky high price. So can't recommend it personally but you have the data to use as you see fit..."

Just like Headfi, you have to take from it what you choose and read between the lines. PS Audio did not argue with the findings too strongly in their response though. It just illustrates the point more clearly than ever that price is not always a reliable indicator of quality.

There is definitely an anti Chord vibe over there which I don’t really understand the basis of but I just ignore it.

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #7,451 of 18,905
there's nothing to understand. they are obviously in agreement with the chinese makers and deliberately putting people off chord. as a "scientific" site they should maintain total neutrality.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #7,452 of 18,905
there's nothing to understand. they are obviously in agreement with the chinese makers and deliberately putting people off chord. as a "scientific" site they should maintain total neutrality.

They are not a scientific site, despite their claim. They are an objective site and they fail at that at times, but some of the measurements and data can be interesting. That’s not the same thing as the test data is 100% accurate and gospel.

Oct 20, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #7,453 of 18,905
hey alxw0w it took me 1 year and 6 months to save and afford the combo. it makes every day in my life full of happiness. you will definitely get them soon.:smile_phones::smile_phones:

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #7,454 of 18,905
How much power does it have on the HP outputs? I know the rear balanced XLR can output a lot of power but since I will be using those to send line level preamp signal to my monitors, want to know if the have enough oomph for all headphones out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back