Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 23, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #4,117 of 18,907
It’s just gonna sit with the rest of the dac’s in the studio . It’s going to live a very hard professional life so the esthetic is truly notnof issue for this user . I can see how that might seem strange but it’s the sound and resolution I’m after and both colors look great . Wonder what I’ll get ?...

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #4,118 of 18,907
That picture of the silver tt2 is thee photograph to end all photos of silver tt2's. i just need to trade in my h2 find 2k and add the tt2 to my hms.

For Rob,
are amp/dac and hp mode the exact same output signal out of tt2 with amp mode being the most powerful and dac/hp mode again the exact same output but of less power or less amplified? thanks mk

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #4,120 of 18,907
That picture of the silver tt2 is thee photograph to end all photos of silver tt2's. i just need to trade in my h2 find 2k and add the tt2 to my hms.

For Rob,
are amp/dac and hp mode the exact same output signal out of tt2 with amp mode being the most powerful and dac/hp mode again the exact same output but of less power or less amplified? thanks mk

Amp mode and headphone mode is identical hardware, excepting the connectors, and the option of differing configurations via the FPGA. So it's the same if the configuration is identical.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #4,121 of 18,907
how does dac mode differ out of interest? many thanks mk. i thought it might just be a lesser amplified hp or amp mode signal? (i understand very well amp and dac stage are integrated as one). your answer above clarifies things alot.

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #4,122 of 18,907
Amp mode and headphone mode is identical hardware, excepting the connectors, and the option of differing configurations via the FPGA. So it's the same if the configuration is identical.

Sorry if this is obvious from your post, Rob, but are the two modes identical hardware, meaning two sets of the same hardware, or actually the same hardware (1 set) for both modes, just configured differentLy via the FPGA when you select? Also, how many inputs can be independently set with different setting? Is it only two (all headphone out and all rear connectors), or more? Thanks!

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #4,123 of 18,907
It’s just gonna sit with the rest of the dac’s in the studio . It’s going to live a very hard professional life so the esthetic is truly notnof issue for this user . I can see how that might seem strange but it’s the sound and resolution I’m after and both colors look great . Wonder what I’ll get ?...

Anecdotally, the silver seemed in higher demand at music direct. They had six units inbound when I called December 1. Three of each color. Three silver were spoken for and two of the black.

If you said you didn’t care, they likely allotted you a black one. That being said, I claimed the third black unit and have not received a shipping notice. Maybe they only received part of their order and you will get a silver based on your spot in line. There was that issue with the production run of black and they may not have recovered yet.

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #4,124 of 18,907
Out of interest, what XFD and Filter settings are people using?

Notice What HiFi went with XFD2 and FIL1.

I like XFD0 / FIL1 with my new Eikons but preferred XFD3 / FIL4 with my XCs.

The differences seem quite subtle to me but what do others think?

I use filter 3 and xfeed 2

Also filter 1 xphd 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back