Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 6, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #3,886 of 18,907
Chord TT did come with a 5 year warranty, as I remember seeing it myself but can’t remember where, as when I got my TT2 I saw somewhere that showed them both as 1 being 5 years and the other 3, where that was I can’t remember. Maybe the chord website ? i dont know, but I saw it somewhere.

But click the link below and they are selling with a 5 year warranty.

https://www.hifonix.co.uk/detail/chord-hugo-tt-silver-dac-headphone-amplifier

As for the 6 year warranty, yes, you have upto 6 years to make a claim.

All electronic components inside have a known lifespan, if a component dies or breaks before it’s average lifespan, that would be classed as faulty from the day you bought it. And it would be easy to detect.

Some components will have 100’000 hours mtbf, so if it dies at 10k hours, it wouldn’t take a genius judge to figure out that it must of been faulty since birth.

That also why all the big stores are making a big deal out of the 6 year warranty that they so generously give us for free with TV’s. They are just applying the law but making it seem like they are doing us a favour.

Most stores would honour the consumer law warranty, only dodgy companies will try it on, but for £50 you can take them to a small claims court if not happy.

Thanks for providing the link to Hifonix .However if you click on the 5 Year warranty button you are taken to a page showing the TT as being covered by a Chord 3 Year Warranty. The Chord warranty was always 3 \years.
Regarding the Consumer rRghts Act 2015 I admit the situation is confusing. This is from the Which Guide to Consumer Rights.

Six months or more
If a defect develops after the first six months, the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time the goods were delivered to you.

In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems or defects across the product range.

The retailer can also make a deduction from any refund for fair use after the first 6 months of ownership if an attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful.

You have up to six years to take a claim to the small claims court for faulty goods in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and five years in Scotland.

This doesn't mean that a product has to last six years - just that you have this length of time in which to make a claim if a retailer refuses to repair or replace a faulty product.

Obviously that is not the same as a six year warranty although not all Google searches agree the above is correct.

Here is a lnk to the full article the above was taken from.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #3,887 of 18,907
FYI, the TT 2 manual says warranty is 3 years.

Fair enough, but places still sell them with a 5 year warranty which was my point, regardless if it’s a chord warranty or not. My link even shows you them still being sold with a 5 hear warranty.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #3,888 of 18,907
Fair enough, but places still sell them with a 5 year warranty which was my point, regardless if it’s a chord warranty or not. My link even shows you them still being sold with a 5 hear warranty.

This conversation started when a poster expressed disappointment that Chord had reduced the 5 Year warranty on the TT to 3 Years on the TT2. Myself and another poster have pointed out that the CHORD warranty on the TT was always three years so there has been no reduction by Chord. With all due respect your original point was that the TT came with a 5 year warranty, which it did not unless a seller provided their own non Chord warranty. Anyway I think that is enouigh on warranties. I am glad you are enjoying your M Scaler and TT2.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #3,889 of 18,907
Thanks for providing the link to Hifonix .However if you click on the 5 Year warranty button you are taken to a page showing the TT as being covered by a Chord 3 Year Warranty. The Chord warranty was always 3 \years.
Regarding the Consumer rRghts Act 2015 I admit the situation is confusing. This is from the Which Guide to Consumer Rights.

Six months or more
If a defect develops after the first six months, the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time the goods were delivered to you.

In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems or defects across the product range.

The retailer can also make a deduction from any refund for fair use after the first 6 months of ownership if an attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful.

You have up to six years to take a claim to the small claims court for faulty goods in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and five years in Scotland.

This doesn't mean that a product has to last six years - just that you have this length of time in which to make a claim if a retailer refuses to repair or replace a faulty product.

Obviously that is not the same as a six year warranty although not all Google searches agree the above is correct.

Here is a lnk to the itks broken
full article the above was taken from.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

I don’t need to read your link as I know what it is already, maybe I shouldnt of called it a warranty.

If something breaks before that period 6 year period is up, example a super cap blows up and which rob quoted as having I think a 22 year life span, if it blew up 4 years after purchase. You take it to the shop, tell them it’s broken, they either say, great we will repair it, or they say, we wont.

If not, then you take them to a small claims court for like £50, the broken part should have a lifespan of 22 years but only managed 4. It would be classed as being faulty from day one. If so, it would be classed as a fix under warranty. As it would be if you had just bought it brand new and it went faulty. An expert opinion would just be the specs of the component that blew up. Download them from the manufacturer.

Granted it’s not a warranty that we normally think of, but it’s still more or less a warranty, as it lasts for 6 years and gives us the end user 6 years to file a claim if we need to in the first instance. 99% of high street store’s would accept the fact and will repair or replace without question.

So, you have 6 years to file a claim, if you win, it’s classed as a fix under warranty.

Edited.

I removed some parts of this post.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #3,890 of 18,907
This conversation started when a poster expressed disappointment that Chord had reduced the 5 Year warranty on the TT to 3 Years on the TT2. Myself and another poster have pointed out that the CHORD warranty on the TT was always three years so there has been no reduction by Chord. With all due respect your original point was that the TT came with a 5 year warranty, which it did not unless a seller provided their own non Chord warranty. Anyway I think that is enouigh on warranties. I am glad you are enjoying your M Scaler and TT2.

I was posting regarding him also, the only thing I can think of is, me seeing both on a website like hifonix who were showing 5 years, something like that or does dave come with 5 years ? As I do remember looking up a dave before I got my tt2, as I was thinking about getting dave instead.

As I do remember something having a 5 year warranty, because I can remember saying What, why only 3years for tt2.

It’s cool, if I’m wrong I’m wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time.

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #3,892 of 18,907
This is a TT2 thread so I want to be sensitive to that, but maybe this will encourage @Mojo ideas to get more TT2’s to the US (or sign up a US distributor that actually makes an effort to order and deliver product)

The Omegas really benefit from the current amps (vs being driven direct). The level of control, tonal balance, and authority got way up. Alas, even with the single transistor design of the F2J, you still lose a heck of a lot of transparency. I value transparency above all else, so I’m fine with that trade off, but others in our crew need that oomph that the amp brings. We are very hopeful that the TT2 will be the best of both worlds for these speakers.

The Voxs both sing with or without the amp (full control, much more woth the 4D driver) transparency is off the charts, and the amps don’t bring much to the table, but they do bring a bit more. We’re hopeful the TT2 will really showcase the incredible speed and precision the Vox drivers are capable of.

The Massdrop amp just didn’t do justice to these speakers. I loved my Benchmark amp, so that was a disappointment.

I’ll post on cables separately but the tl;dr is that even with the HMS, the lift from the WAVE cables was unambiguous, even over my Frankencable

I'm interested in you finishing your post on the cable comparisons.

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #3,895 of 18,907
I am reluctantly selling my silver Hugo TT 2 (in 'as new' condition) as it is getting very little use, and I could use the proceeds to make further improvements to my main DAVE-based system. I'm looking for £3,400 plus Paypal fees from a UK sale. PM me if interested.

I’m trying to sell my H2 bundle also. If we were in america, they would of no doubt sold within hours of being put up for sale.

Hope you get it sold, as 3400 is a good price.

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #3,896 of 18,907
I’m trying to sell my H2 bundle also. If we were in america, they would of no doubt sold within hours of being put up for sale.

Hope you get it sold, as 3400 is a good price.

Curious does anyone know if they same rules apply to used products when it comes to import/export? I know cars things change when they are used. I'd buy that TT2 if I weren't in US.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #3,898 of 18,907
It’s doable but they are on the look out for scammers.

I’ve been caught about 4 times in total, but it’s never done intentionally.

The shippers keep sending me parcels that are ticked as a gift with a low value amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 7, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #3,899 of 18,907
Not sure. I thought the reason why the Hyper dd XLR - Z Plug was listed under interconnects, was because they could not list it as speaker cable. It might confuse other shoppers, as it's a TT/TT2 specific cable.

I can confirm, having spoken to Atlas Cables, that their website is in error in describing the HugoTT2 cable as Hyper DD. It should have read Hyper 3.5 as I stated earlier. The product is described correctly on the Futureshops website.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back