Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 4, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #3,856 of 18,892
Jan 4, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #3,858 of 18,892
Apologies for the following off-topic post. Since there is always good discussion around the Dave and Blu MkII (as they relate to the TT2), I wanted to pass along this US promotional offer posted by Bluebird today. So, if you US TT2 waiters are getting impatient... :)

CHORD ELECTRONICS WINTER SALES PROMOTION
Fri, 04 Jan 2019

SAVE $1500 ON THE DAVE OR $1,500 ON THE BLU OR $3,000 ON BOTH.*

Buffalo, NY, Friday January 4, 2019 -- Bluebird Music today announced a significant new Winter sales promotion on the Chord Electronics DAVE DAC and Blu MkII Upscaler with CD transport. US Customers may purchase either unit separately and save $1,500 or purchase both and save $3,000.

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #3,859 of 18,892
Apologies for the following off-topic post. Since there is always good discussion around the Dave and Blu MkII (as they relate to the TT2), I wanted to pass along this US promotional offer posted by Bluebird today. So, if you US TT2 waiters are getting impatient... :)

CHORD ELECTRONICS WINTER SALES PROMOTION
Fri, 04 Jan 2019

SAVE $1500 ON THE DAVE OR $1,500 ON THE BLU OR $3,000 ON BOTH.*

Buffalo, NY, Friday January 4, 2019 -- Bluebird Music today announced a significant new Winter sales promotion on the Chord Electronics DAVE DAC and Blu MkII Upscaler with CD transport. US Customers may purchase either unit separately and save $1,500 or purchase both and save $3,000.
Dave 2......

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #3,862 of 18,892
Interesting thought on the Dave 2. I haven't been following Chord very long. Is this discount a rare thing for the Dave/Blu MkII ? Maybe they need a bit more distinction between the TT 2 and flagship Dave (2) ??
Discounts are rare, given that DAVE is still the top of the range DAC performer, and the Blu2 still the top of the range CD/MScaler product.
That explains why the post catches attention.
Maybe the exchange rates have shifted enough, to allow bluebird/chord to modify the prices?

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #3,863 of 18,892
I think the value gap between Blu2 and HMS is negative. Unless you want the choral case work to match your DAVE, HMS is superior functionally and performance wise (adding a CD transparent via optical to HMS is cheap and straight forward, but obviously more clunky).

DAVE still trumps TT2 (according to reports...still waiting on mine), but the value gap is modest. If you don't need the higher power output of TT2, this sale makes the DAVE a very compelling stretch goal and something people on the fence should consider.

My gut is that there is a supply chain of Blu2 components that need to be thinned, and the price drop in the DAVE is a nice way to move matched inventory within the choral line (and they are a VERY handsome together). The strong dollar makes it easier as well.

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #3,864 of 18,892
Jan 4, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #3,865 of 18,892
The original Hugo TT came with a 5 year warranty, the new TT 2 only comes with a 3 year warranty. Dissapointing to say the least. Any reason for the reduced warranty?
In the UK my Chord Hugo TT came with a 3 year warranty (sadly expired - the warranty not the TT!). I'd be interested to know where you got the 5 year warranty figure from?

Jan 5, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #3,866 of 18,892
My gut is that there is a supply chain of Blu2 components that need to be thinned, and the price drop in the DAVE is a nice way to move matched inventory within the choral line (and they are a VERY handsome together). The strong dollar makes it easier as well.

If this theory was right then surely it would be a Chord organised initiative with similar offers in the uk ie the home of Chord. I read into it that it is a Bluebird initiative and who knows it may be that they want to generate some cash flow because they fluffed the TT2 and HMS order and that customer stream is behind where it should be. Anyway it is a great offer and is worthwhile taking up.

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #3,868 of 18,892
Oh, my apologies, for some reason I had 5 years in my head. Looking at the instruction manual there is no mention of the warranty period. What is interesting is that quite a few online stores also show 5 year warranty.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #3,869 of 18,892
I am reluctantly having to sell my two month old TT2. It's priced at £2975.00 plus Paypal and shipping charges. Due to insurance, shipping and import charges this will not be attractive to US buyers. Please PM me if interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back