Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 19, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #3,541 of 19,009
Yeah lol, I just read some posts there and you don't read a lot of "I bought and listened to the [enter Chord or other product] extensively but in the end returned it because it really didn't sound any better than my [enter other product]" Not to put too fine a point on it- it just seems like a bunch of broke kids in their parents' basements who would buy a Chord or some other great-sounding product tomorrow if they could find a way to do it.

Yeah, but now it’s a “group” thang, you know, “you’re not allowed up in my tree house” sort of thing.

I once posted a 2 sentence post in there and got a 5 page reply from one of them. I will presume he was having a bad day, as if he wasn’t, then What roid rage.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #3,542 of 19,009
Did some testing yesterday, H2 on it’s own v Rob’s MScaler and TT2.

Before I got HMS and TT2, I just had H2 and Mojo and Poly to play with and I couldn’t of liked H2 more, it was the jewel in my audio system crown.

However, I did some testing yesterday and I went back to using H2 on it’s own after roughly a week using HMS and TT2, the outcome.........?

Holy schiit, I could not go back to using H2 as my main static setup again. Well, I could, but, if available, I would always choose HMS & TT2 first.

Last week I would of said if asked, “H2 is excellent and everyone should have one”, but now I have to say that everyone has to have a HMS & TT2.

I could not believe the difference. I really thought music could not sound much better than H2, how wrong I was, but, I was surprised at how much of a fight H2 put up.

I looked at them all on top of my nuclear bunker / desk and saw 1 tiny case next to two big cases and I thought to myself, “for something so small and with such capabilities, for £1800, H2 is a bargain”.

Even though it got beat, I was really impressed at just how much of a fight it put up. It’s a pup that can hang with the big boys. Even though it got it’s ass handed to it by HMS & TT2. H2 is the perfect 1st step into the high end audio hardware world.

I don’t know what I will do with it now, but I think I will probably use this excellent little device in bed, to unwind and relax just before I crash out.

5 ***** product.

Really well said. I haven't heard the TT2 yet and my M-Scaler is on order. But one thing I know for sure is that the H2 is massively listenable and I really, really enjoy music on it. Period, new page.

I need a system that travels, but if HMS convinces me I need to re-up the desktop listening system, I'll just skip the TT2 and go straight to Dave.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #3,544 of 19,009
Really well said. I haven't heard the TT2 yet and my M-Scaler is on order. But one thing I know for sure is that the H2 is massively listenable and I really, really enjoy music on it. Period, new page.

I need a system that travels, but if HMS convinces me I need to re-up the desktop listening system, I'll just skip the TT2 and go straight to Dave.

H2 is extremely good at what it was designed to do, being a semi portable / static dac and amp, the best one out there. H2 with HMS is the perfect next step up the ladder into high end audio gear. You will really enjoy the HMS.

However much I want to sell my H2, ( now that I have tt2 and hms, mojo and poly ) hugo is now a victim of my greed and will be made redundant, but I don’t want to sell it. I would just like £1500 cash for free instead.

Saying that, I would give up all my chord gear right now if I could get my dog “Boobs” back. I feel like I’ve lost my buddy and replaced him with £7500 of audio equipment. Kinda makes me not want to look at hms and tt2.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #3,545 of 19,009
H2 is extremely good at what it was designed to do, being a semi portable / static dac and amp, the best one out there. H2 with HMS is the perfect next step up the ladder into high end audio gear. You will really enjoy the HMS.

However much I want to sell my H2, ( now that I have tt2 and hms, mojo and poly ) hugo is now a victim of my greed and will be made redundant, but I don’t want to sell it. I would just like £1500 cash for free instead.

Saying that, I would give up all my chord gear right now if I could get my dog “Boobs” back. I feel like I’ve lost my buddy and replaced him with £7500 of audio equipment. Kinda makes me not want to look at hms and tt2.

There are tons of other wonderful dogs right now sitting alone in cages just a short distance from your house who would give you more love than you could ever imagine. Boobs would want you to go save one of them tomorrow and do for one of them what you did for him.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #3,546 of 19,009
There are tons of other wonderful dogs right now sitting alone in cages just a short distance from your house who would give you more love than you could ever imagine. Boobs would want you to go save one of them tomorrow and do for one of them what you did for him.

Yeah, we are getting another one, but we are waiting until after the newyear. Plus, it was only 3 weeks ago that it happened, kinda to soon for another one.

The house has now taken on a deathly quiet feel, for such a little dog, he managed to keep both floors of the house active.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #3,547 of 19,009
Yeah, but now it’s a “group” thang, you know, “you’re not allowed up in my tree house” sort of thing.

I once posted a 2 sentence post in there and got a 5 page reply from one of them. I will presume he was having a bad day, as if he wasn’t, then What roid rage.
There are a few zealots over there, more religion than science in many cases. I check it out every once in a while as I do R&D for a living and hope to find some real science, but not much to be found there I am afraid.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #3,548 of 19,009
There are a few zealots over there, more religion than science in many cases. I check it out every once in a while as I do R&D for a living and hope to find some real science, but not much to be found there I am afraid.

Lol, no schiit, the “Science” part of that sub forum should read, “Sound Scientology”.

That way everyone would not be confused when they enter and are expecting real science, instead, all they get are re’runs of laurel and hardy.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #3,549 of 19,009
Yeah, we are getting another one, but we are waiting until after the newyear. Plus, it was only 3 weeks ago that it happened, kinda to soon for another one.

The house has now taken on a deathly quiet feel, for such a little dog, he managed to keep both floors of the house active.
I have been there, I know what mean by the empty feeling in the house. We found a new pup a few months later, it was the best cure.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #3,550 of 19,009
Lol, no schiit, the “Science” part of that sub forum should read, “Sound Scientology”.

That way everyone would not be confused when they enter and are expecting real science, instead, all they get are re’runs of laurel and hardy.

When I asked if he'd heard any Chord product, one guy said he'd heard the Dave, and that (and I quote) it sounds like "any properly designed DAC".

So, if he's not lying, that clears it all up for me: these people (or at least he) just have terrible hearing. So of course he'd think that.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #3,551 of 19,009
I have been there, I know what mean by the empty feeling in the house. We found a new pup a few months later, it was the best cure.

I really hope so. He was my first dog and I will be honest, we were always cat lovers and to go the dog route was on the spur of the moment, but we decided to get a dog this time, so we did.

He eventually got diagnosed with heart failure, in the final two weeks he took a stroke and lost use of his front right leg. He seemed to recover, but then he stopped eating and drinking and started acting funny, so we decided it was time.

We are definetly going to get another one after the hassle that is xmas and new year passes.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #3,552 of 19,009
When I asked if he'd heard any Chord product, one guy said he'd heard the Dave, and that (and I quote) it sounds like "any properly designed DAC".

So, if he's not lying, that clears it all up for me: these people (or at least he) just have terrible hearing. So of course he'd think that.

If he thinks that then he is a lost cause and it is not worth your time trying to point out just how wrong he is.

All my chord dacs sound different from one another, from mojo on up. My TT2 sounds nothing like H2, and my H2 sounds nothing like Mojo.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #3,553 of 19,009
If he thinks that then he is a lost cause and it is not worth your time trying to point out just how wrong he is.

All my chord dacs sound different from one another, from mojo on up. My TT2 sounds nothing like H2, and my H2 sounds nothing like Mojo.

Exactly. I was just curious because I'd never heard of that "science" forum before, and to get scientific about it, there are only two possible conclusions to his response: either hundreds of thousands of people and reviewers and manufacturers and customers who work hard to find great musical equipment (and those make it) can't hear, or he can't hear.

And I think we all know which is the accurate conclusion.

So that destroys all credibility of these "science" guys and there's no need to spend any more time there.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #3,554 of 19,009
Exactly. I was just curious because I'd never heard of that "science" forum before, and to get scientific about it, there are only two possible conclusions to his response: either hundreds of thousands of people and reviewers and manufacturers and customers who work hard to find great musical equipment (and those make it) can't hear, or he can't hear.

And I think we all know which is the accurate conclusion.

So that pretty much wipes the floor with the "science" guys and there's no need to spend any more time there.

Yup, the whole 5 of them are right and nearly 8 billion of us are wrong. I wish I could be that smart, but for the sake of humanity, I have decided to stay stupid, as the world can only handle 1 elon musk at a time.

I have saved all you from danger, I should get £1500 compensation for my stupidity.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #3,555 of 19,009
Yup, the whole 5 of them are right and nearly 8 billion of us are wrong. I wish I could be that smart, but for the sake of humanity, I have decided to stay stupid, as the world can only handle 1 elon musk at a time.

I have saved all you from danger, I should get £1500 compensation for my stupidity.

That's the beauty of the anonymous internet: no matter how totally wrong you are, you never pay any consequences.

I guess beauty is the wrong word for a phenomenon that is destroying the world. But alas I stray from the topic at hand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back