Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #3,511 of 18,975
It depends if you need an amp or not.

By the way I can't see any difference between running through and integrated amp, or active speakers. As most actives will have a pre-amp/power amp section. (Remember not to buy a set that use a DAC to convert music digitally to second speaker.

The difference is mostly that the active speakers have electronic crossovers which means that the individual amplifiers in them are connected direct to the drivers without any of the passive crossover components in the signal path. This can make a big improvement to the sound. For instance I have heard the identical passive and active versions of the ATC 40 Mk2 speakers (in other words everything is the same except that one is passive and the other is active) and the differences are so big that you would think it is a completely different speaker. It is even possible that the advantages of using TT2 direct to passive speakers is outweighed by taking a different Chord DAC direct to active speakers..

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #3,512 of 18,975
are you denying these people exist?!

i know what i like; i was just curious what the extreme opinion was

I just think the term itself is a bit... extreme... But hey, that’s just my opinion.

Dec 19, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #3,513 of 18,975
Did some testing yesterday, H2 on it’s own v Rob’s MScaler and TT2.

Before I got HMS and TT2, I just had H2 and Mojo and Poly to play with and I couldn’t of liked H2 more, it was the jewel in my audio system crown.

However, I did some testing yesterday and I went back to using H2 on it’s own after roughly a week using HMS and TT2, the outcome.........?

Holy schiit, I could not go back to using H2 as my main static setup again. Well, I could, but, if available, I would always choose HMS & TT2 first.

Last week I would of said if asked, “H2 is excellent and everyone should have one”, but now I have to say that everyone has to have a HMS & TT2.

I could not believe the difference. I really thought music could not sound much better than H2, how wrong I was, but, I was surprised at how much of a fight H2 put up.

I looked at them all on top of my nuclear bunker / desk and saw 1 tiny case next to two big cases and I thought to myself, “for something so small and with such capabilities, for £1800, H2 is a bargain”.

Even though it got beat, I was really impressed at just how much of a fight it put up. It’s a pup that can hang with the big boys. Even though it got it’s ass handed to it by HMS & TT2. H2 is the perfect 1st step into the high end audio hardware world.

I don’t know what I will do with it now, but I think I will probably use this excellent little device in bed, to unwind and relax just before I crash out.

5 ***** product.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #3,515 of 18,975
any hopes to have TT2 under the xmas tree in the US are now cancelled. xmas is cancelled.

i wonder if we’ll get TT2 before the UK leaves the EU?
I am fully stocked on Chord gear. Part of my motivation was to beat Brexit!

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #3,516 of 18,975
any hopes to have TT2 under the xmas tree in the US are now cancelled. xmas is cancelled.

They’re trying to cancel brexit !

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #3,517 of 18,975

I saw large shipments arriving mid december on some us website.

I will go see if I can find it in my history

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #3,519 of 18,975
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #3,520 of 18,975
They’re trying to cancel brexit !

My Army says.........

14u7k4.jpg

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #3,521 of 18,975
https://www.moon-audio.com/chord-hugo-tt-2-dac.html

Not lies.

Instock it says and large shipment arriving december.

Do you want to apologise to me now or in private ? if the latter, I will unlock the front door, just come upstairs :)

:wink:

lol.. if you believe they are "in stock" i have a bridge to sell you !

it's now the 19th. maybe some dealers get them after Christmas and we'll technically have them "in December" but I'm not getting my hopes up.

if any red-blooded American receives a TT2 before 2019 it will be a New Year's miracle.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #3,522 of 18,975

it's now the 19th. maybe some dealers get them after Christmas and we'll technically have them "in December" but I'm not getting my hopes up.

if any red-blooded American receives a TT2 before 2019 it will be a New Year's miracle.

If anyone wants to start a co-op to bid for US distribution rights for Chord products, I'm all in. For the love of taps, at least have a second US distributor!

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #3,523 of 18,975

I didn’t believe they had them in stock, but I do believe the shipment arriving in december as it’s widely know some have been shipped.

However, I don’t know if you have, but it looks like only pre order folk are getting them early. I lordered mine in the UK on the 7th november and it arrived last friday. I was the only MScaler and TT2 lrder for my dealer, and I still had a 4-5 week wait.

I hope it arrives as business’s will still be open until next monday, so it could be possible for some folk to get them. But I do think blue bird need a slap for being so sloppy on ordering. But you do live in newyork and that is the closest place to bluebird so maybe you get lucky before xmas ?

If you haven’t pre-ordered, maybe a good idea to do so ? Just so that it books you a place at the early tt2 owners table.

Has any MScaler’s arrived in the states yet ?

I was speaking to someone at chord who told me they can see every single order on their computers and that people only get them according to their place in the que, aka chords order system.

I was also told, no matter what dealer it is, nobody jumps the que, whether it’s an order 1or 100 tt’s, mscalers etc etc. First come first served and that is the fairest way said the dude from chord.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #3,525 of 18,975
pre-ordered on October 1! proximity to Bluebird doesn't matter as they are dispersed to the retailers first.. I did not order from a NYC retailer

WE SHALL SEE, AMBERLAMPS

and yes, i already have my HMS in the US

What is with the shouting and attitude ?

No need to get upset with me because bluebird are incapable of using a computer ordering system.

I told you I saw some us website saying instock and large shipment arriving in december, you said lies, i linked you.

Say they did have them and I only told you after you got yours 6 weeks later, you would be upset that I didnt mention it sooner.

I feel your pain, but it should be bluebird that it’s directed it at.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back