Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #3,136 of 19,009
In your opinion, no scientific proof that cables make a difference so we will have to agree to disagree

That's a very blinkered view.

Like many others, scientific proof is not needed, it's just a simple case of using our ears.

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #3,137 of 19,009
i'm blasting chris rea driving home for xmas with 1M taps and it's only the 4th day of december.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #3,139 of 19,009
I did have a reply typed up and posted, but I decided to delete it because if I don’t reply, things will get back to normal in this thread.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #3,141 of 19,009
I did have a reply typed up and posted, but I decided to delete it because if I don’t reply, things will get back to normal in this thread.

But I saw it. You probably made the correct decision.

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #3,142 of 19,009
Dec 4, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #3,143 of 19,009
I'm joining this club soon (I hope). Has any one received in the US?

I had my mind set on a Hugo 2 since CanJam NYC in 2017 to take over home duty from my mojo, but never got around to the upgrade because I was rather busy and happy with my mojo + Violectric. Recently I checked in and toiled between the Hugo 2 and TT2. Even spoke with @aldavey about buying his TT2+Scaler, but got concerned over importing expensive items. Ended up getting a new Hugo 2, but it arrived with a pretty bad cosmetic issue on the PCB which you can see through the window. When I arranged the return to Music Direct, I asked about when they expected to get TT2 in. They expect them any day now and one of the black units are (were) unspoken for, so I took it as a sign and made the switch. Overall, the sound out of the Hugo 2 is stunning, but I think it falls short of the mojo as far as usability/elegance--especially when you are switching between speaker and headphone usage very regularly (crossfeed, volume and input adjustments got to be a tedious juggling act--almost blew my head off twice in bed at line line level through the Eikons).

I've romanticized the idea of powering my B&W floor standers off of the TT2 for a few months now, but I'm not sure it is realistic for my tastes. When I'm not using headphones (Eikon, HD800S, Grado RS1i, P7w), I'll mostly use it through my Rega Elicit-R direct into the power amp--bypassing the pre. It is a very clean amp and should work wonderfully. I recommend checking it out, if you want something well made, low distortion/coloration with some power and cool features for not insane $$$ #RegaValue. I listen to some analog as well, so I appreciate the versatility of easily switching media.

Still would like to try direct-driving speakers with it but I'm a little torn between SE and balanced. I'm not in the camp of if it get's loud enough, it is enough power and, so, don't see 7 or 8 watts being enough to satisfy. On the other hand, Paul seems to have word from the horse's mouth that it isn't cool to drive 16-20 watts full time. I don't want to blow a brand new TT2 on a fun experiment.

I should probably listen to the man himself and go SE (his B&Ws are bigger than mine) and be prepared to be wowed by some super cap versatility at an anemic 7 Watts. I wonder if bluejeans will make me a speaker cable that terminates at RCA.

I also want to grab a battery pack that I can power the thing with and maintain around-the-house portability. What voltage settings are you guys using for batteries and after market PSUs? Anyone doing balanced for medium-sensitive 300ohm cans like mine?

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #3,145 of 19,009

Ok, fine.
I have nothing personal against any of you and would like things to go back to normal as well.
Normal includes both you and Paul posting. But please try to keep a good spirit and at least somewhat on topic that's all.
I, and probably many others, spend a lot of time reading the different Chord threads
because I learn a lot and I would like to continue reading them.
That's the last post from me on that subject.

Dec 4, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #3,148 of 19,009
Considering getting the Hugo TT 2 in place of my Qutest and would like to ask has anyone auditioned both Qutest and TT 2 and was there a big improvement in sound?
Thanks.

+1

Dec 4, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #3,150 of 19,009
I am hopeful that the posts this morning will encourage Chord to start mass deliveries of the TT2 here in the US so we can overwhelm this thread with impressions (and so I can start my headphone demo roadshow!)

I sure hope so. Mid November became early December, and still no word :frowning2: Just can't wait to hear it is all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back