Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #18,874 of 18,905
Is the TT2 powerful enough to drive B&W 706 s2 speakers or is a power amp prefered?
If theyre not having less than 8ohm impedance its no problem.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #18,875 of 18,905
Sometimes I hear a crackling sound like dust on vinyl. This kind of click noise. A single one. There is definitely no such thing in the track. At the same time, the screen does not blink, and the track does not switch. Some kind of relationship could not be found. I have previously seen a similar problem in the thread. The device is new. What is the cause of the problem?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #18,876 of 18,905
Sometimes I hear a crackling sound like dust on vinyl. This kind of click noise. A single one. There is definitely no such thing in the track. At the same time, the screen does not blink, and the track does not switch. Some kind of relationship could not be found. I have previously seen a similar problem in the thread. The device is new. What is the cause of the problem?
What's your source? It could be an issue with the signal timing.

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #18,880 of 18,905
Hey everyone, I currently have a Chord TT2. Is the dac/amp powerful enough to drive headphones like DCA Expanse, ZMF Caldera, Focal Utopia and Meze Elite?

TIA
@Jxnkz a bit late and a bit off-topic but could be helpful anyway: Focal Stellias are also driven without any issues by TT2 on low gain. Even some Audeze cans that usually shine with external amplifier sounds perfectly fine directly out of TT2.

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #18,882 of 18,905
Almost ready to pull the trigger on the tt2 for an abyss Diana MR; do you guys think I should hook it to the xlr outputs or is the SE front output already driving them to their fullest potential? More generally what do you guys think of the association of the tt2 with Diana mr for metal specifically?
Edit : what about using it with very sensitive iems like andromedas on the front 3.5, is it whisper silent and is the gain not too high?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #18,883 of 18,905
you guys think I should hook it to the xlr outputs or is the SE front output already driving them to their fullest potential?
If they can play loud enough for you, stay on front SE out. As it uses a shorter signal path with less components and thus giving better SQ.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #18,884 of 18,905
Sounds like a louder electrical relay? I have it too, very rare, my best guess it’s temperature gradients/ expansion related: I sometimes hear it after the device is off, cooling down. I would have two clicks in first 30 minutes. Then nothing and again 1 or 2 when off….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back