Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 3, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #18,196 of 19,009
exactly thats why im being ultra careful here.

Take care with it as you don’t want to go the route that Mike mentioned, last thing you want to do is trash your system and as rob mentioned years ago, it’s very easy to spot damage thats been caused by the user and not the hardware itself. If in doubt, phone paul2qute for assistance. 😂🤣

Be careful dude, don’t rush through it like that numpty did.

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #18,197 of 19,009
Hi amberlamps,

ive been engrossed with my mtt2 powering my kef ls50's direct the last year ive just been enjoying the music and not posting here much. nice to hear from you. rob has told me it can be done no problem its just understanding the xlr connections. im making multiple enquiries here and there. the adventure continues.

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #18,198 of 19,009
Hi amberlamps,

ive been engrossed with my mtt2 powering my kef ls50's direct the last year ive just been enjoying the music and not posting here much. nice to hear from you. rob has told me it can be done no problem its just understanding the xlr connections. im making multiple enquiries here and there. the adventure continues.
Hi musickid.
You were a frequent poster when i first joined head-fi, so i value your posts, even if now infrequent. :relaxed:

Nov 3, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #18,199 of 19,009
Hi musickid.
You were a frequent poster when i first joined head-fi, so i value your posts, even if now infrequent. :relaxed:
Me too, he was amongst the first few who got a mtt2 when they came out and we all learnt things from each other, like paul2qute, he told us what it takes to blow up a couple of TT2s 😂 But I’m glad to see MK still posts though.

Forums are fickle things, they spring to life, calm down and folk drift but during the winter they tend to gravitate back to forums due to the dark nights and relative boredom during those times, summertime is a killer for forums tho.

Some tiktok female is trying to woo me away from tiktok by spamming me with links to her onlyfans.com webpage, every 2 minutes I get notifications popup on my ipad, she is trying to tear me away from tiktok for a £60 quid 5 minute chat, just one problem, she don’t speak engrish and I don’t speak w.t.f 🤡 When I say a chat, I really do mean that, I’m not joking either, for once, but……………..

She obviously doesn’t know me, as I charge £80 for a 5 minute chat..

Anyway, Hi MK, it is cool to see that you still post 👍🏻

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #18,200 of 19,009
there seems to be an easy solution. moon audio in the states have said they can make two of the xlr to rca cables i need. its going to be a couple of weeks to unbox the new sub and get it going as theres some work to be done in the front room here peeling crumbling paint. im really looking forward to hearing this thing especially with double bass and low end percussion 60's jazz.

Nov 3, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #18,201 of 19,009
there seems to be an easy solution. moon audio in the states have said they can make two of the xlr to rca cables i need. its going to be a couple of weeks to unbox the new sub and get it going as theres some work to be done in the front room here peeling crumbling paint. im really looking forward to hearing this thing especially with double bass and low end percussion 60's jazz.
This difference it will make to soundstage will also be very welcome! Not to mention adding percussive impact to things higher up the frequency spectrum. Plucked guitar strings in particular, but anything that has a defined leading edge will have some sub-bass content.

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #18,202 of 19,009
Hope this works out for you.
Follow Robs advice about pins etc, but it should be reasonably straightforward to DIY a cable, or get a custom build.
I say that painfully aware that some ex-posters like Paul-2qute (or however it was spelt) did differently, and toasted their TT2s.
that bloke was a nutter, reckon I could get on with him like a house on fire.!. Think he got kicked off.!

Nov 4, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #18,203 of 19,009
that bloke was a nutter, reckon I could get on with him like a house on fire.!. Think he got kicked off.!

You don’t know the half of it, what went on behind the scenes with regards to him, it was fkd up. For example, when I was younger and just a teenager, I got stabbed for no reason when out in the town during the xmas season. I didn’t feel it and didn’t know who did it. All I knew was when my hand started to turn red with blood as it ran down my arm.

So we were speaking about that in the messaging system here, and lo and behold, about an hour later he sent me pictures of him in hospital with a stab wound. It could have just been a coincidence, but I really don’t know, if I was asked who did it, I would of said it was self inflicted due to the fact that we were speaking about it 10 minutes before hand.

I was like w.t.f

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #18,204 of 19,009

If it was your house, it would of been him who would've put it on fire 😂

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #18,205 of 19,009
I got my TT2 a few weeks ago and just love it!! I'm feeding it from a 2Go/2Yu using Roon. I've had some difficulties getting the 2's to work properly. I've gotten a message on the TT2 that isn't mentioned in the manual: -5 L. Anyone knows what that means? thx.

Nov 4, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #18,206 of 19,009
I got my TT2 a few weeks ago and just love it!! I'm feeding it from a 2Go/2Yu using Roon. I've had some difficulties getting the 2's to work properly. I've gotten a message on the TT2 that isn't mentioned in the manual: -5 L. Anyone knows what that means? thx.
My TT2 is also new. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours. I can't believe how much music I listen to that puts a smile on my face.

Anyway, to answer your question I assume you have the TT2 in DAC mode. - 5L is the fixed line out mode. I'm sure I read this in the pdf manual I downloaded from Chords website. DAC mode is fixed at 2.5V and your volume control on the remote or the orb will not work in this state.

Nov 4, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #18,207 of 19,009
My TT2 is also new. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours. I can't believe how much music I listen to that puts a smile on my face.

Anyway, to answer your question I assume you have the TT2 in DAC mode. - 5L is the fixed line out mode. I'm sure I read this in the pdf manual I downloaded from Chords website. DAC mode is fixed at 2.5V and your volume control on the remote or the orb will not work in this state.
The manual I downloaded is marked V.1.9. Is that what you have? It's not included on p. 36 listing the Display Messages. I just read through it again and couldn't any reference to that code. Maybe I have an older version for some reason.

Anyway, it's good to know it's just referring to a fixed output. Thanks!!

Nov 7, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #18,208 of 19,009
Just got myself the MoonDrop UP adapter 4xlr->1/4 so I can give the stealth a listen to direct to the TT2 vs the Bliss, off the bat I'm thinking Bliss is definitely better with the stealth where its a matter of flavor with the Susvara for me. Part of me does hope the adapter isn't effecting it much. But I did listen to the TT2 direct on the Susvara using the adapter and the stock 1/4 cable without being able to notice a difference. Just didn't want to spend more money on decent cables for the 2 headphones for experimentation.

Nov 16, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #18,209 of 19,009
my custom made cables wired correctly to hook up my tt2 with a jl d110 dominion powered sub have arrived.

could i double check if looking directly at the rear of the tt2 the male xlr's pins are numbered as follows?

photos once all is set up.
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 04.48.57.png

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #18,210 of 19,009
my custom made cables wired correctly to hook up my tt2 with a jl d110 dominion powered sub have arrived.

could i double check if looking directly at the rear of the tt2 the male xlr's pins are numbered as follows?

photos once all is set up.
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 04.48.57.png

That looks reasonable.

This is the most unambiguous diagram of the 3-pin xlr pinout that I could find.

SmartSelect_20231116_121041_Chrome.jpg

At this point you will need to satisfy yourself. You can print this diagram out if you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back