Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 20, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #17,012 of 18,907
Correct on misquoting me. Oh great - first they said I was a liar, (of which Amir Majidimehr liked) now they want me in jail. It would help if they got their facts right - it's Rob Watts
Are you sure? Maybe he ran your name through a bunch of measurements and the graphs never lie: you are from now on mr. Rob Watt...
Apologies for my bad humour, and thank you for your brilliant work on the TT2 and M Scaler. I enjoy the magic of them as often as life permits:ksc75smile:

Sep 21, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #17,015 of 18,907
deleted

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #17,017 of 18,907
Anybody else here using the iFi Powerstation in the chain, and satisfied?

or the iPurifer3 on the TT2 also?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #17,018 of 18,907
I think I'm gonna try optical with TT2.

As I have jcat as clock, I only need usb to optical I guess.

What are your experience COAX vs OPT. Coax should be superior according to the searches I find in google….but OPT is the best implemented input in TT2?

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #17,019 of 18,907
I can't understand how people can hear differences between inputs of TT2, or why they don't use USB that even Rob said is the best of them, and they find other inputs sonically better. But maybe my hearing is weakened after so many years in the head-fi hobby :D

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #17,020 of 18,907

What are your experience COAX vs OPT. Coax should be superior according to the searches I find in google….but OPT is the best implemented input in TT2?
I use coax from streamer and optical from cd/tv.
Preferred both over usb.

Try and see what you think?

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #17,021 of 18,907
I use coax from streamer and optical from cd/tv.
Preferred both over usb.

Try and see what you think?
Problem is I have a good clock on my JCAT (OCXO) I want to make use of this by only a straight conversion from usb to coax and optical.

@smutnyjoe I love the USB, as my desktop chain is right now, but I have not tried the optical. Im just curious 😊🙌

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #17,022 of 18,907
I can't understand how people can hear differences between inputs of TT2, or why they don't use USB that even Rob said is the best of them, and they find other inputs sonically better. But maybe my hearing is weakened after so many years in the head-fi hobby :D
Nope not lately. Check posts on Robb topic on head fi, also Dave one.

I'm not sure how is TT2 as I only used it with M scaler with DBNC connection but it's probably the same.
With Hugo2 Mojo and Dave optical is better than USB (BNC supposedly is also very good)

Optical from cheap streamer/PC is on the same level as optical rendu with dedicated farad3 PSU.

Ps. Personally I'm using cheap hifiberry digi pro plus optical out as I didn't see completely any value in adding any expensive streamer (alas I didn't try anything very or uber expensive)
Oh ok one value being fancier look :wink: But not SQ wise.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #17,023 of 18,907
After a good ten years in the hobby, occasionally I still can get stunned how people's hearing can differ. I am not talking about personally preferred sonic colouration or timbre/texture preference but a clear and relatively objective sense of a natural and lifelike sound.

Personal preference obviously plays a big role, but still time to time I get stunned how claimed audiophiles can't hear the difference between amps or DACs.

High-end audio IMO is based on two factors. One is the ability of hearing and the second is the willingness of paying for the perceived difference (budget).

Many simply can't hear so they condemn the whole industry.

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #17,024 of 18,907
My max budget is around 500euro. Just usb to optical. No clock needed or features.

Just quality material and good impressions

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #17,025 of 18,907

I have connected to the TT2, the CD player (Bryston BCD-1 CD player) simultaneously from its digital outputs,
a) optical output, with Wire world SUPERNOVA™ 7 Toslink Optical (STO) cable
b) Coaxial output, with Ecosse cable The Director MD2 SE

and with a click of the remote control I change between the different inputs, Opt1 or Bnc1, where I can hear the two types of cables bringing the digital signal, and really the difference is minimal (because they are 16bit x 44.1 khz files only)
although the optic sounds slightly better defined and more transparent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back