Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 1, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #14,821 of 18,496
Thanks but actually I'm using farad3 with the mscaler.
Hopefully I've sown the seeds of paranoia and you will find yourself inexplicably drawn to find out for sure :smiling_imp:

And my Dave is connected with audioquest blizzard cable - and I think that I can't find such large ferrites :p
That looks like a battle to install!

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #14,822 of 18,496
Since Mojo 2 is officially out and an be ordered and official Chord instruction from YT tells that it can be connected to M Scaler can anyone point me to a dealer in EU carrying coax/double bnc cable used in this video please?

Try these guys, I have one on order, not yet received but they can make you whatever you need for a reasonable price.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #14,823 of 18,496
As I said before the rest of your system is probably balanced to solve problems with electrical connections. In my opinion you're probably mistaking the difference brought by optical as a downgrade when it's the analogue cables in your system that are the real downgrade.
Sorry, I smiled in a wry way when you first posted that and I smile in a wry way again!! You are simply mistaken but we will probably never agree unless we can be in the same room listening together. 😜

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #14,826 of 18,496
Sorry, I smiled in a wry way when you first posted that and I smile in a wry way again!! You are simply mistaken but we will probably never agree unless we can be in the same room listening together. 😜
With relatively poor quality analogue cables I would expect to agree with your opinion regarding sound quality differences in your system and room.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #14,827 of 18,496
With relatively poor quality analogue cables I would expect to agree with your opinion regarding sound quality differences in your system and room.
Well, I suppose I will just have to muddle though somehow with my 'relatively poor quality' Iconoclast 4x4 Gen 2 Ohno Continuous Cast copper (UPOCC) XLR interconnects. The only other analogue cables in my system are the 45cm speaker cables running from my Pass Labs power amps right next to the speakers. There is much more cable length than this in the actual speakers but the 6mm2 tri wired Van Damme I use is a very benign connection between the amps and the speakers.

I will drop a note to Jay at Audio Bacon and let him know his Iconoclast UPOCC interconnects (the same as mine) in his reference system are 'relatively poor quality'. I'm sure he will heed your advice and get some decent interconnects. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://audiobacon.net/2019/05/27/iconoclast-cables-same-measurements-different-sound/3/

Feb 1, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #14,829 of 18,496
...underrated but excellent cables, IME. I have two pair of XLRs and a pair of SEs. Highly recommended.
Yeah, I have tried many others over the years but none are better. IMO of course!

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #14,830 of 18,496
Well, I suppose I will just have to muddle though somehow with my 'relatively poor quality' Iconoclast 4x4 Gen 2 Ohno Continuous Cast copper (UPOCC) XLR interconnects. The only other analogue cables in my system are the 45cm speaker cables running from my Pass Labs power amps right next to the speakers. There is much more cable length than this in the actual speakers but the 6mm2 tri wired Van Damme I use is a very benign connection between the amps and the speakers.

I will drop a note to Jay at Audio Bacon and let him know his Iconoclast UPOCC interconnects (the same as mine) in his reference system are 'relatively poor quality'. I'm sure he will heed your advice and get some decent interconnects. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://audiobacon.net/2019/05/27/iconoclast-cables-same-measurements-different-sound/3/
Damn it @Triode User! I almost fell on the floor because that was so funny. :beyersmile:

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #14,831 of 18,496

Regardless of optical, I think EWA is worth investigating:

https://www.abcaudio.biz/

you can try for 30 days at the cost of return delivery. If that is something you like, I can also recommend something else...

Feb 3, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #14,832 of 18,496
I am new to TT2.
I tested MScaler with Susvara yesterday and my ears weren’t able to tell the difference between the pass through and the highest scaling.
Will using speaker system have more noticeable different in sound?

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #14,833 of 18,496
@Cougar2465, with all do respect you’re going to have a more difficult time hearing details in the music if you’re using an iPhone and a MacBook Pro as your music sources.

Feb 4, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #14,834 of 18,496
@Cougar2465, with all do respect you’re going to have a more difficult time hearing details in the music if you’re using an iPhone and a MacBook Pro as your music sources.
I hven't been in this forum for a long time and just realised my old signature and have been updated now. Next upgrade will also include a nice streamer.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #14,835 of 18,496
@Cougar2465, the Bluesound Node N130 is a capable unit for sure. Even when I only had the stock Chord BNC cables to connect the M Scaler and the TT2 I knew that I wasn’t going to live without the M Scaler because the improvements in SQ weren’t subtle at all to my ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back