1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
Next

Last
  1. Clive101
    I thought I would post an update to the recent BNC cables reviewed by Jay @ Audiobacon which now seems to include the Sarum T by Chord Cables.... but uncertain what equipment was used...?

https://audiobacon.net/2019/03/13/the-chord-company-sarum-t-digital-cable-review/

I have used two cables Wave Stream and the Chord Sarum T.... and can only second Jay findings between the two cables with a slight difference....

I preferred the Sarum T when I had the Dave Blu but prefer the Wave with the Dave Mscaler. I did not do any extensive blind tests but just a few tracks and a second opinion from the 2nd in command...! Who also agreed. ( both untrained ears and YMMV )

I now use the Dave Mscaler.

I have too much detail with the Dave Mscaler with the Sarum T but found the Wave more musical and yet still plenty of detail and high end sparkle.

I ended up with the Wave although the rest of my cables are Chord Sarum T and Music....

2. analogmusic
    blimey

That’s some positive endorsement !

3. CRITICALSHOT

You might find this interesting.

x RELIC x likes this.
  4. musickid
    1st look inside. Enjoy. From Fidelity Magazine online. I can't locate the XC7A200T!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    ZappaMan likes this.
  5. HumanMedia
    I assume there is another section under what we see here. Follow those ribbon cables...

JM1979 likes this.
  6. Triode User
    Beware of assumption! The ribbon cables just go to the selection buttons and the remote sensor at the front.

7. HumanMedia
    Hmmm. How tall are those standoffs (bolts) maybe there is more on the other side of the PCB?
    And what warms the unit up? Is there something heatsinked to the chassis somewhere?

8. AndrewOld
    Thanks for that. There was a a time when I was arguing for a stand-alone M Scaler and all the smart people told me knowingly it wasn’t possible, and even if it was it would cost the same as a BLU 2 and even if it didn’t it wouldn’t happen for years .. and now look. A small (but no doubt complex) board in a half empty case.

musickid likes this.
  9. ZappaMan
    Maybe it’s not there

AndrewOld likes this.
  10. Rob Watts
    You have worked it out. The FPGA is clamped via the screws directly onto the bottom plate. Since the FPGA passivated silicon die is exposed, and this is clamped directly to the chassis, the chassis temperature on the bottom is the actual die temperature. So the FPGA is on the bottom side of the PCB, together with more circuitry.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    musickid, Deano1974, Christer and 2 others like this.
  11. LWR999
    When I open my MScaler, I see two drummers with drum kits, a Steinway grand piano, a Fender jazz bass, a Fender stratocaster, a full orchestra...

Tao8, Ragnar-BY, musickid and 6 others like this.
  12. Christer
    Oh really? And I "definitely" suspected we had been "screwed" again.

And that my actually increasing on a daily basis,REAL enjoyment of MANY MORE than expected rbcd discs via optical and HMS /Q in my home system was only placebo kicking in?

Or could the reason Q/HMS rbcd via optical now clearly beats my SACD player in my speaker based system, be because you were correct all the time?

What would the implications regarding Atkinson's review of the Rossini SACD transport in the current issue of Stereophile be?

Cheers CC

13. AndrewOld
    Now let's see inside a ferrite.

14. Whazzzup
    Sarum t digital usb is my choice

15. rkt31
    my question to rob, at what temperature the thermal protection kicks in. in India summers can be very hot. does high temp affect the performance of m scaler ?

First

Back
431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
Next

Last