1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410
412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421
Next

Last
  1. ZappaMan
    An interesting observation

2. tunes

How do you compare DAVE vs TT2 without HMS?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  3. Ross Contributor
    I prefer the TT2. The DAVE sounded less substantial, slightly thinner and dryer than the TT2. The DAVE also had a strange spatial presentation which didn't sound realistic to me. The TT2 sounds fuller, more dynamic and with a warmer and more liquid sound, and a more natural sense of space. I don't buy the argument that the DAVE is more "transparent".

But let me be clear. Both are outstanding DACs. My comments about the DAVE are what led me ultimately to sell it, but it it is still a more profoundly satisfying DAC than most others out there. That is why I bought the TT2 shortly after selling the DAVE, even though I hadn't really intended buying another Chord DAC.

llamaluv and ZappaMan like this.
  4. Deftone
    How long have you had the MScaler paired with TT2?

5. Ross Contributor
    A few weeks. I had the Blu 2 paired with the DAVE for a year before that.

6. Deftone
    And you thought the Blu mk2 made Dave sound leaner as well? interesting.

7. Ross Contributor
    Yes. But it is only now that I am starting to question whether the HMS/Blu 2 are entirely positive in their effects.

zappazappazappa likes this.
  8. rkt31
    i listened HMS with H2 at one of my friend. Initial impression were as yours . Bypass was smoother and cold start of HMS was virtually unlistenable. but after about 150 to 200 hours the right from the first note of HMS with H2 is soooo smooth and engaging that you don't even think that you are listening to a system , it's just pure music and nothing. I have said earlier and now repeating that HMS H2/tt2 combo can't be beaten by any dac at any price for pure music enjoyment.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  9. SCOTTY1
    Only someone who had spent many hundreds of hours critically evaluating competing units by, dCS, MSB, Linn, EMM, Merging Technologies etc.could make such a statement without attracting the opprobium of their peers. If nothing else, I admire your chutzpah.

10. rkt31
    Seems to be a typical response from a facebook group I know. Btw don't worry there will be others too validating my statement. If not listened pls go and listen the HMS tt2 combo first

11. delirium
    zappazappazappa likes this.
  12. SCOTTY1
    I've heard it, but not every other option. Whatever, I've always struggled to communicate with adolescents.

13. dmance
    Scotty - thanks for adding another word to my vocabulary!
    Dan

llamaluv likes this.
  14. Mikey99
    I was listening to HMS/Dave the other day and finding the music rather flat and uninspiring. At first I thought it was my mood or something. After several hours of this I noticed I had misconnected the BNC cables (I had been playing around with different cables for a few days) such that I was in single BNC mode, i.e., 500 k instead of 1 M taps. Once I fixed this the music immediately came back to life!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Aslshark, jbrownson, Tao8 and 2 others like this.
  15. delirium
    The warranty on utopia has gone up too 5 years

First

Back
401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410
412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421
Next

Last