1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389
391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400
Next

Last
  1. Torq
    I’m 100% sure that the signal reaching the M-Scaler is at the correct rate. The output rate from the M-Scaler is as expected/documented via the BNC outputs. It just jumps from the source frequency to 176.4 or 192 kHz for the optical output from the M-Scaler even though a BNC connected DAC shows the expected rate of 88.2 or 96 kHz.

2. austinpop
    I get into this in my review. I have a section on Effect of different BNC cables.

As for adapters, they exist in every flavor on Amazon and countless other places:
    Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 11.08.54 AM.png

onsionsi, Peter Hyatt and apmusson like this.
  3. AndrewOld
    Why on earth would you use adaptors? If the cable vendor cannot properly terminate a cable, why buy a cable from them?

Amberlamps and audio_1 like this.
  4. apmusson
    Love your review. You summise the impact of the mscaler very well (coherence and timing). I have listened to and enjoyed more music than ever before as a result of my mscaler purchase.

There's a kind of honesty and relaxation in the presentation of the music (technical presentation - tense music sounds as tense as it should do) that means listening for hours is as enjoyable as it should be. I often think I'll listen to a few songs before bed and the next time I look at my watch hours have flown by.

Ade

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  5. austinpop
    Indeed, don’t buy the M Scaler if you value your beauty sleep!

apmusson, Deftone and Deano1974 like this.
  6. ZappaMan
    Or your marriage

apmusson and Peter Hyatt like this.
  7. musickid
    Or your pension fund....

apmusson likes this.
  8. dawktah2
    Ha ha reminds me of movie "Priceless" starring Audrey Tautou.

apmusson likes this.
  9. wdh777
    Just got my M scaler and TT2. Couple quick questions. Since I’m using the dual bnc cable do I basically keep the upsampling ball to white at all times for maximum upsampling? And do the lights eventually go out when you don’t use it? The input ball light went out and I assume once I start playing a source it will turn blue to reflect the dual bnc input that was last selected so I don’t need to select the input each time? The upsampling light is staying on but eventually will it go out? Thanks

10. Mediahound
    Yep.

All but one LED will go out when the M Scaler goes to sleep (after like 10 minutes of no signal activity).

11. wdh777
    So one light stays on forever? Is it always the upsampling light?

12. Mediahound
    Correct.

13. musickid
    are you using dual bnc input wdh? if so can someone explain to me what type of source would use dual bnc into mscaler?? wdh are you using dual bnc into mscaler and does this show as a blue input colour. this is new for me any explanation appreciated.

14. tunes
    75F459DC-46B1-43A9-8882-4CD3281BB826.png
    Is this the only way to connect the Mscaler to HUGO2?

15. ZappaMan
    No you can use the supplied bnc cables and add an audio quest adapter on the end. If you search thread for audioquest you’ll find more posts.

First

Back
380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389
391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400
Next

Last