Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 13, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #4,308 of 18,493
The buttons may be used to dim the lights as documented in the manual.

Thanks, you are right. I totally forgot about this function :)

BTW, Is there any way how to output the fully M Scaled signal to two DACs at the same time?

I would like to use my Dave and Hugo2 fully M-Scaled at the same time....

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #4,309 of 18,493

BTW, Is there any way how to output the fully M Scaled signal to two DACs at the same time?

If you used two different inputs - between Optical 1, Optical 2, BNC and USB - you can switch between inputs on the MS.

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #4,310 of 18,493

The Mscaler only has one set of Dual BNC outputs so I think the answer is that you cannot do what you want.

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #4,311 of 18,493
Thanks!

I hoped that the DX outputs on Dave could work as some kind of a digital signal hub... But I know nothing about these DX outs and it is probably not possible to use them for this purpose at all...

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #4,312 of 18,493
Spent an afternoon testing the M Scaler/TT2 combo. What incredible kit!
Not quite what I was expecting tbh. Much more airy and fresh. Detailed but not intense. The spacing though, Wow! Instruments were on opposite sides of the English Channel.

Get my black hugo TT 2 tomorrow can't wait!! ! Keep following the tracking as it gets closer to me.The dpd driver thinks I'm a total hi-fi nut lol.
He thinks it's strange that I take a photo when he turns up, last time he gelled his hair and trimmed his eyebrows for the photo shot

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #4,314 of 18,493
Some TVs or videoaps have a special setting for this (lipsync, video delay etc.). My TV has it but the picture delay range is too short to set it sufficiently for the full 1M mode.

So I now usually watch my TV out of sync with the 1M taps fully activated, video mode off :) It was very strange at the beginning but I am quite used to it after my first month with the HMS. Yeah, call me a sound-addict or audiojunkie.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #4,315 of 18,493
Some TVs or videoaps have a special setting for this (lipsync, video delay etc.). My TV has it but the picture delay range is too short to set it sufficiently for the full 1M mode.

So I now usually watch my TV out of sync with the 1M taps fully activated, video mode off :) It was very strange at the beginning but I am quite used to it after my first month with the HMS. Yeah, call me a sound-addict or audiojunkie.
Thanks for the reply mate, can you notice a big difference hence why you put up with the lip sync issues

Dec 13, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #4,316 of 18,493
Thanks for the reply mate, can you notice a big difference hence why you put up with the lip sync issues

Yes, the difference is quite dramatic: video on / off = OK / odd (really out of sync).

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #4,319 of 18,493
So OK lip sync and odd lip sync out of time but sounds better

Yes, exactly. I would like to see some good user-selectable lipsync settings in all software players and hardware devices (TVs etc.). Everything would be perfect then.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #4,320 of 18,493

Users who are viewing this thread

Back