Huge Bass, Great Soundstage, looking for headphones to suit prog like Dream Theater, Opeth and Pink Floyd.
Oct 16, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #31 of 41
Well, I have an amp to use about 50% of the time, but it's not great, and is rooted to my lounge room, I don't mind getting an amp, but if I can get a cheaper one with the 32Ω version, that's great. 

Is there any difference to sound quality with that version?

Oct 16, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #32 of 41
Or buy from Amazon, prices for all the versions of DT770/880/990 fluctuate between $249 to $299. That's where my friend bought his DT770/32ohm for $249 plus $12 shipping.

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #33 of 41
I've been reading more and more about the DT990, my decision to get them hasn't changed, but I'm jumping from thought to thought about which version to get. I've been lurking around these forums since I got back from work, and a lot of people seem to say the 600Ω version is the nicest.

I have no desire to use these sort of headphones on the train or anything, so I think I'll just get a nice desktop amp with them and something so that I can use my MBP and xbox as a source. My iPhone isn't going to take a huge amount of lossless files anyway, so I can just cross off using that as a high quality source.

So, if I get a nice desktop amp, will the 600Ω be the best?

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #35 of 41
Perfect thread. I have made up my mind. 600Ω it is. Amp shopping here I come. =D Is there any difference with their MANUFAKTUR range other then bloated price tag and looks?

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #36 of 41

Quote:
Perfect thread. I have made up my mind. 600Ω it is. Amp shopping here I come. =D Is there any difference with their MANUFAKTUR range other then bloated price tag and looks?

As far as I know, the difference is in the pads and materials. They might affect the sound but I think it won't be too much

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #37 of 41

Quote:

I have to say, I want some of that MANAFAKTUR for christmas :wink:

Aside from the looks, nothing different really. Happy amp shopping :) Are you considering a DAC as well?

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #38 of 41

Quote:
 I have to say, I want some of that MANAFAKTUR for christmas :wink:

Aside from the looks, nothing different really. Happy amp shopping :) Are you considering a DAC as well?

Yes I am, I've made a thread in the AMP forum about my quest for an amp and dac, check it out if you'd like.

I still haven't decided whether to get the MANUFAKTUR version, It does add a fair bit of money as I have to buy direct from Beyerdynamic.

Oct 16, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #41 of 41
@klinic

Email George at Addicted to Audio regarding the DT880 600 ohm - chances are he will be able to match the pricing
with free shipping.

His website pricing is not updated every week, his best pricing is through enquiring about the 'price for today'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back