HTC Desire SQ
Feb 19, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #31 of 36
I've had HTC Desire for a couple of months now. I am surprised by the sound quality listening through my Sennheiser HD 650s. Some tracks can't be played high enough on the HD 650s of course.
I have still not replaced my Sansa Fuze with HTC Desire, and probably won't in the future, but it's ok to have as a backup.

Anyone know of a music player app which is able to recognize FLAC albums/files automatically? Right now I have installed a free player called Andro Player. If it's really good and has received some good feedback I might even pay for it.

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:
I have still not replaced my Sansa Fuze with HTC Desire, and probably won't in the future, but it's ok to have as a backup.

I'm very happy with my Nuforce NE-6 on my rockboxed Sansa Fuze. But the NE-6 plugged into the Desire is a disaster. Very tinny and no bass, and it just gets worse the louder the volume.

It surprises me that people are saying the SQ is ok, so maybe it's a mismatch between the Desire and the NE-6 headphones?
confused.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #34 of 36
I found that you need a darker headphoneto get the best out of the Desire. I like the BrainWavz M1 and MrProggie liked the HD650 which are both darker more musical headphones but, I would think that, the HD650 would need an amp. The Arrow would have the power and still be portable.

Quote:
I'm very happy with my Nuforce NE-6 on my rockboxed Sansa Fuze. But the NE-6 plugged into the Desire is a disaster. Very tinny and no bass, and it just gets worse the louder the volume.

It surprises me that people are saying the SQ is ok, so maybe it's a mismatch between the Desire and the NE-6 headphones?
confused.gif

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #35 of 36

Quote:
i have a desire (Uk version) and I have to say that for me the sound is spoilt by the low-level but very audible hiss at low volumes through iems which i use (se530)

There is a very noticable hiss from the Nexus One on my GoldRing Gx200 headphones. I'm currently awaiting a set of 1964-T Custom IEMS and don't think my N1 will be my main player- I'll keep using my Zen Vision M while it still has life!

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #36 of 36
I have the HTC desire HD and a sansa clip +

I don't have any equipment to measure  which is better but I did notice that the desire HD has a more high tone then the sansa which to my taste is a bit to ear piercing. The sansa (I feel) has a more soft rounder texture where the bass is more separated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back