HTC bought BEATS
Aug 11, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:

It's a pure US marketing move for mediocre overpriced products, imho.

True. I dont expect big changes on their products. Maybe prices go up? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #17 of 23
I see people wearing Beats everywhere here in France.

Quote:
This is a pure marketing move to get extra margins on the US market.

Beats is non-existent in Europe (sans UK). Nobody here cares. It's almost the same for most of Asia.

It's a pure US marketing move for mediocre overpriced products, imho.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #18 of 23
i think 1 they saw the opportunity and wanted to jump on it before a competitor did(apple sammy moto).
and its something to market just like HP is marketing the Beats audio thing on their lappys.
and now HP will pay royalties to their competitor HTC to use that as hp is entering the mobile phone/tablet arena.

who knows but the audio on htc's is not very good.  so maybe it will get a little better?
i know nobody likes beats but really i don't htink it could get worse

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
Beats is non-existent in Europe (sans UK). Nobody here cares. It's almost the same for most of Asia.

They sell Beats headphone in Japan too.

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #20 of 23
Yes but the point being that in UK, US, and few other countries Beats are common unlike in other countries. In Finland there are very few if none Beats (at least in my city which is one of the biggest).

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
In Finland there are very few if none Beats .

True...i haven't seen many Beats in finland, but in north africa they were common.

Quote:
Quote:
yd2zhang said:

"Dr. Dre knows about as much about headphone engineering as a real doctor does about rapping"

Quoted from someone on engadget

Now go ask they same person would they like to trade bank accounts with Dre.

Dre has a cash cow with this whole Beats thing and if I had the opportunity I would do the same thing.

+1 it's all about money.

Aug 12, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #22 of 23
Sigh...the poor poor China, Hong Kong and Taiwan consumers...They use so much beats :\

Aug 12, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
Sigh...the poor poor China, Hong Kong and Taiwan consumers...They use so much beats :\

Taiwan probably will use even more Beats now that HTC owns it.  (HTC is a taiwanese brand.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back