HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar
Jun 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #76 of 88
So I just got a HeadStreamer today. Adjusting the volume on my computer, the headphone out is extremely quiet. Only when it's on max then it suddenly starts blasting extremely loud, even though every step below that was super soft. I am using Ubuntu 11.10. Any ideas?

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #77 of 88
Quote:
So I just got a HeadStreamer today. Adjusting the volume on my computer, the headphone out is extremely quiet. Only when it's on max then it suddenly starts blasting extremely loud, even though every step below that was super soft. I am using Ubuntu 11.10. Any ideas?

contact the very good tech support at the hirestech.com web site.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #78 of 88
I had no real issue with the SQ of the MSii when I owned it. Just too many issues related to the title of this thread. That headache prompted me to sell it and buy an odac which a noticeable upgrade for the same money and zero playback issues!!

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #81 of 88
Quote:
Beta 4 Epic Fail. First time I've ever seen a blue screen of death on windows 7 because of it.

I realized that even beta 3 and beta 5 has the same bug and the crash happened while I was playing music on foobar while ripping a cd on dbpoweramp at the same time.

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #82 of 88
I didn't know that the music streamer had upgradeable firmware 
blink.gif

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #83 of 88
Quote:
I didn't know that the music streamer had upgradeable firmware 
blink.gif

AFAIK all of the HRT streamers do.  Check their web site hirestech.com

May 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #84 of 88
Hello.

I am a new registered member of this forum but I am reading since sometime ago.
First, sorry for my bad English, I hope you can understand me.

Recently I am bought a used HRT HeadStreamer with the last firmware versión installed and the problem with foobar and wasapi has not been solved.

Please, are you find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

May 24, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #85 of 88
Hi everyone, I am a new member and have just started using Foobar along with a HRT Music Streamer 11+ DAC ,and I have had no problems at all. When setting up Foobar I just set the drop down box so that the box stated that I was using the HRT Music Streamer and left it at that. Foobar can then sense what sample rate you are using and apply changes accordingly. The music sounds fantastic through a Music Fidelity V8 +PSU  and a pair of Grado SR321s listening to all types of rock music.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #87 of 88
  The comment on the foobar website is correct. You can get bit perfect music with just direct sound.

ASIO and WASAPI just makes sure you are doing it right.

I've experimented with all the three modes and my impression is that ASIO provides the best quality. Direct Sound delivers rather harsh highs and the overall sound stage is awful (IMHO). WASAPI is a bit too bright to my taste. ASIO sounds a bit dark, but this is well balanced by the brightness of HRT MSII.

JRiver ASIO -> HRT MS II + -> Matrix M Stage -> Dynaudio BM5A MK II / HE 500

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #88 of 88

HRT's DAC designer has suggested lowering the player's buffer setting as much as possible, and so I tried that on other players that allow the buffer to go all the way down to zero (such as MusicBee mentioned by the previous poster), and it works great.

Then I asked Peter to simply allow an option for the buffer to be lower than 50, because of the above, and he steadfastly refused, claiming that it made no sense.

I asked three times, wording it three different ways and his response - which I have seen before from him - is the Gollum one of covering his ears and saying loudly "I'm not listening, I'm not listening."

Thanks  for sharing this info. I initially set all the buffers at maximums (in my mind it was a logical thing to do) and experienced occasional hiccups. Now, following your advice I've gotten rid of all the problems by setting all buffers (in ASIO ) to the very minimum.

JRiver ASIO -> HRT MS II + -> Matrix M stage -> Dynaudio BM5A MKII / HE 500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back