HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar
Jun 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #62 of 88
Beta 4 looks to be out. Should have time tonight to install and listen.

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #64 of 88
Jun 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #65 of 88
pQuote:

Linkage please....

Link at the top of the page with the headline Beta 3 is ... believe it or not ... ... a link to the Beta 4 download. Not everything you read on the internet is real ... shocking I know. 
beerchug.gif

dt880smile.png
 (listening to MJ's Thriller album as I write this)

ps. ... And Thriller just came on ...
pss. the whole beginning is surreal.
psss. Moved onto beat it, the guitar solo at 2:50 is a MUST listen.
pssss. Billie Jean does not sound so hot over here :/ might have to skip this one. skipped.

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #68 of 88
Quote:
Beta 4 Epic Fail. First time I've ever seen a blue screen of death on windows 7 because of it.

Better in every way, especially with HRT products:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5823.msg37918#msg37918

Jun 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #71 of 88
Quote:
Quote:
Better in every way, especially with HRT products:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5823.msg37918#msg37918

So, your're saying that the new waspi beta is better with music bee?

Wasapi is better with music bee beta.

Jun 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #72 of 88
I just tried out music bee for the first time. Got to say that I like it. I'm working out a few layout issues and such, but I like it. Using it on my laptop. If I can sort out my issues then I'll move it to my main desktop where I do my regular listening.

One strange issue is that whenever I pull an album in off the list it get an error on the first track that it tried to play. Any thoughts?

thanks...

Jun 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #73 of 88
Quote:
I just tried out music bee for the first time. Got to say that I like it. I'm working out a few layout issues and such, but I like it. Using it on my laptop. If I can sort out my issues then I'll move it to my main desktop where I do my regular listening.

One strange issue is that whenever I pull an album in off the list it get an error on the first track that it tried to play. Any thoughts?

thanks...

Very good forum at the first link with more users who might know (including the designer who is active and helpful).

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #74 of 88
I've had may problems with wasapi, asio, wasapi event style etc with my hrt ms II when using windows 7 and foobar2000/Jriver.

The usual problems with stutter etc. I used to use windows xp with foobar 2000 and asio which never gave me any problems.

About a month ago I decided to try kernel streaming with 50ms buffer in foobar2000. It has been a revelation! I listen for about 3hours a day and have not heard a single problem, ever. Going back to wasapi it starts playing up again.

If you haven't tried it in foobar2000, it might be worth a try; you may get lucky like I did.

I also play from ram-disk, which (for my setup) prevents any glitches when playing files with different sampling frequencies.

Kernel streaming is bit-perfect, and apparently wasapi is just a wrap around for this that adds extra processing.

I'm no expert, but just thought I'd share my experiences.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back