How's your MLB team doing?
Aug 8, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #122 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych

Reyes hits a grand slam! Wright gets out of his slump! Another great outing by Maine, getting out of 3 jams unscathed! That was the best game I've been to so far.
biggrin.gif

I was there too! Took my in-laws (visiting from out of town). Maine was impressive (again), Wright & Valentin came through (again), and Reyes was Reyes (again). I'm a little worried that Beltran is cooling off, but I hope he just had an off night.

Aug 8, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #123 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
I was there too! Took my in-laws (visiting from out of town). Maine was impressive (again), Wright & Valentin came through (again), and Reyes was Reyes (again). I'm a little worried that Beltran is cooling off, but I hope he just had an off night.

his numbers at home and away are totally skewed. Shea is a pretty hard park to hit in... Most of the mets do better away. Beltran is still MVP material. He probablly will end up being the MVP ; )

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #124 of 184
Dodgers just won their 10th straight. Maddux and Byung-Hyun Kim, my 2 favorite pitchers go at it tomorrow at Dodger Stadium. So tempted to go. So need to study.

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #125 of 184
The cubs must be one of the most lost and worst franchises in MLB history, and yes I am a cubs fan, so I have first hand knowledge to make that statement.

There are only TWO teams in the NL who are not involved with the NL wildcard race in some form or fashion. The pirates and the cubs. That is pathetic. I don't care about the injuries, every team has injuries and they deal with them. If wrigley field wasn't so much fun to get drunk at cubs fans would be more upset, however we lose and wrigley sells out like hotcakes so I guess we at least have that

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #127 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
Dodgers just won their 10th straight. Maddux and Byung-Hyun Kim, my 2 favorite pitchers go at it tomorrow at Dodger Stadium. So tempted to go. So need to study.

I hate to say this, but I hope the Dodgers stay hot the rest of the season and run away with the division. I'm convinced that the only way for the Giants to dump their GM and manager and finally start rebuilding this offseason is utter and complete humiliation in the standings.

Aug 8, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #128 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
his numbers at home and away are totally skewed. Shea is a pretty hard park to hit in... Most of the mets do better away. Beltran is still MVP material. He probablly will end up being the MVP ; )

Good point -- he seems to have more success on the road. I think the fact that the players all balance each other out so well is what has helped make this such a winning season.

My latest MVP vote is for Reyes. He has been hovering near the .300 mark for the past few weeks. Imagine if he finshes the season over 300? If he can stay healthy, I am counting on him to lead the majors in steals and triples; he may lead the NL in runs, and has a shot at most hits in the NL. Plus he has an extraordinary number of RBIs for a lead-off hitter.
cool.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #129 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
i'll be at the mets game tomorrow, right after my first day of work... can't wait.

I'll cheer for mike piazza, i still think he is great.

You are one lucky Mets fan -- you got to see an emotional reception for Piazza and watch the Mets win another 1-run game. I only heard the game on the radio, but it sounded like a very special night at Shea.

Oh, and it was probably not too bad to see your MVP pick hit 3 doubles.

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #130 of 184
11 in a row for the Dodgers. And go Mets.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #133 of 184
Dodgers are back in 1st out here in the NL West. Awesome game last night. Starting a series against the Giants in a few minutes. I love rivalries.

Plus the Angels beat the Yankees this afternoon. Not that I particularly like the Angels. It's just fun when the Yankees lose.

Aug 14, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #134 of 184
Wow, totally suprising to see so many METS fans...
It's about time they pull together. I'm more Mets than Yanks.
I really think Randolph did a great job putting the chemistry together with this young talents and expensive veterans.
Can they win this year? Perhaps not. But I hope so...

Aug 14, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #135 of 184
Dodgers just finished sweeping the Giants. On a walk-off HR in extra innings no less. Good time to be a Dodger fan. Maddux threw 68 pitches for 8 innings and retired the last 22 batters or something wild like that.

And the Yankees lost again. I flipped the game on in time to see the A-Rod / Giambino back to back home runs in the bottom of the ninth. Which I gotta say was pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back