How's your MLB team doing?
Aug 21, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #167 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
We're gonna need another bat if Floyd doesn't play.

You mean like SuperJoe? With superjoe and woodward in the lineup, we're sure to win the WS. Oh, and you can throw in Defelice as well. I mean, can you think of a more clutch hitter??? Lets Go Mets!!!

Aug 21, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #168 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
I can't understand why the Sox pulled Papelbon. That was IME there biggest mistake of the game.

The Yankees are being so patient at the plate. Only a matter of time before they jumped on him as well. Maybe Terry is saving him for the Angels series as this one is done.

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #169 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Maybe Terry is saving him for the Angels series as this one is done.

That alkmost makes sense. Whatever the reason for pulling him, I'm glad he got pulled. He's gonna be a great closer. I'd like to see him in pinstripes once Mariano retires.

Aug 21, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #170 of 184
Anyone see my broom? I must have dropped it at Kenmore Square.
k1000smile.gif

(so nice to be in Boston as a Yankee fan right now)

Aug 21, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #171 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Anyone see my broom? I must have dropped it at Kenmore Square.
k1000smile.gif

rs1smile.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #172 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
I hear ya', but I'm still nervous. Right now the rotation is Traschel, Hernandez, Maine, ?, and ?. Assuming pedro gets over his boo-boo, you can add him into the rotation. I think that can get us by into the post-season (and maybe past the first round), but can we securely take the pennant with that? And go 7 games against the Tigers/Yankees/White Sox (?Twins/Red Sox)?

And I'm still pissed about the Nady trade. With Floyd always on the DL, we have little power in the outfield beyond Beltran. What we needed was another starting pitcher, not another reliever! (Sorry for the rant.)

There is still talk of picking up Shawn Green. We're gonna need another bat if Floyd doesn't play.

Traschel & Maine and pray for rain, sounds vaguely familiar.
rolleyes.gif
What do I know but I think Minaya panicked a little on that Nady deal. Doin' a helluva job overall though. Too soon to say for sure but it might be the Mets and the Dodgers for the NL title. How's that for a touch of irony?

Aug 22, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #173 of 184
Quote:

Yeah baby! Four in a row! I smell sweep!

Nuthin' wrong with *your* nose.
tongue.gif
Hey, I'm making the big push for 1k posts, maybe I should just stay home more.

Aug 22, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #174 of 184
Look where the Dodgers are now.
Seattle on the other hand has decided that the season is over and have mailed in the last 11 games. There are times I really miss LA.

Aug 23, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #176 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
Fresh off the 5 game sweep of the Red Sox, the Yanks fall to the M's, who just snapped an 11 game losing streak.

The Mariners had the Bombers number in a series before the Sox one. Hopefully the Yankees can seperate even more from the Sox this week.

Aug 24, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #177 of 184
I hate the west coast games, I can't stay up that late when I have to get up at 5:30!
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #178 of 184
Oh boy...just read that Mussina is on the 15 day dl!
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #179 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
Fresh off the 5 game sweep of the Red Sox, the Yanks fall to the M's, who just snapped an 11 game losing streak.

New day, new game. Yankees up 7-0 so far, hope we can hold on.....
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #180 of 184
Quote:

Oh boy...just read that Mussina is on the 15 day dl!
frown.gif

He will only miss a couple of starts from what I heard on ESPN. How about Wang becoming a 15 game winner? He must have had his sinker going last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back