How will it feel going from stock ipod earphones to M50s?
Jul 25, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #16 of 53

Quote:
I disagree. My 225is still wow me on a daily basis, and I've had them for months. I think its about finding the right sound for you. When you find it, it should wow you all the time. I guess I got lucky when I started with Grados. They just sound fantastic to me. 

I agree with you. My Ad900 still impress me from time to time, then I remember why I don't need to upgrade for a while.

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #17 of 53
Vikingatheart:
I see your point. My PS-1000 really impresses me all the time. Think we have different definition of the undefined word "wow".

"wow" is like popcorn, first fist-full  is like heaven then you just need more and more but you never get that first fist-full. (sry bit drunk)

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #19 of 53
Feels great, man. The thing is, this is the stage where you see the most improvement for the money. Goin from total garbage to something decent is where the magic happens. After that, you're looking at some big improvements quickly becoming small improvements for the same amount of cash. YMMV, IMO, etc.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #20 of 53
My biggest wow was going from 92 kbps to flac/aac.
Then listening to classical and being able to hear people shifting in their seats, and hear the actual air coming out of their mouths as they blew on flutes. It's little details that make you say wow.

Quote:
In my opinion the biggest "wow" you'll ever get is when you go from unamped to amped.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #21 of 53
ill compare it to eating dirt your whole life, to prime quality meat and steamed lobster dinner.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #22 of 53

Quote:
ill compare it to eating dirt your whole life, to prime quality meat and steamed lobster dinner.

You forgot the caviar and champagne....
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #23 of 53

See, I did a CRAPLOAD of research and realized that 100 kbps mp3s were probably not gonna do so well so I replaced more than half my library with 320+ kbps versions. :p Right now with these crappy ibuds I hear absolutely no difference except for the fact that my ibuds BUZZ whenever there's supposed to be bass. xD Not complaining though because I'm fairly sure that's only gonna make me appreciate the M50's even more. :p And you guys got your point across with those anologies - I'm going to be expecting something mindblowing. xD
Quote:
You're fine without an amp for the M50, no worries. The first revelation you'll have is, "Wow, I now need to re-listen to my entire library." Your second revelation will be, "I need to get better music quality."

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #24 of 53
And after that you will wonder how would your headphone sound with an amp, how other headphones sound like, and so on... and your wallet will hate you forever.

But yeah, welcome to head-fi 
dt880smile.png

Quote:
You're fine without an amp for the M50, no worries. The first revelation you'll have is, "Wow, I now need to re-listen to my entire library." Your second revelation will be, "I need to get better music quality."

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #25 of 53
Its like losing your virginity.  And from there you will only want to try new things with your partner (m50s).  And eventually you'll want a new, better partner. Or like many of the people in these threads you'll sleep around with many different partners! And when you find your lifelong partner you'll know it.  But sooner or later, that partner will get old, and you will again want a new, younger one. You may even want many different partners for many different things.  You will always be longing to try different things with every different partner. But no matter what happens, you will always remember your first, your precious m50s.

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #26 of 53

Quote:
Vikingatheart:
I see your point. My PS-1000 really impresses me all the time. Think we have different definition of the undefined word "wow".

"wow" is like popcorn, first fist-full  is like heaven then you just need more and more but you never get that first fist-full. (sry bit drunk)

Haha I understand what you mean now. And I totally agree with you. 

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #28 of 53

Quote:
Its like losing your virginity.  And from there you will only want to try new things with your partner (m50s).  And eventually you'll want a new, better partner. Or like many of the people in these threads you'll sleep around with many different partners! And when you find your lifelong partner you'll know it.  But sooner or later, that partner will get old, and you will again want a new, younger one. You may even want many different partners for many different things.  You will always be longing to try different things with every different partner. But no matter what happens, you will always remember your first, your precious m50s.

L.O.L.

Made my day. Oh god.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back