How to protect IEMs?
Dec 31, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could buy the Metal Tin off UE, they are really nice for protecting IEMs
smily_headphones1.gif

+1 - I like the UE metal case as well, although the "hard" case that came with the Shure 530's was very nice and a little bit larger
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice case but $25 is a little too much imo. $10 and I can see myself buying one.

A little shopping around and you can find it cheaper.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice case but $25 is a little too much imo. $10 and I can see myself buying one.

It cost me a lot more because im in the uk. But if you can stretch to $10.95* ($15.45 with the foam) you can get one here
biggrin.gif

(*Shipping not included)

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It cost me a lot more because im in the uk. But if you can stretch to $10.95* ($15.45 with the foam) you can get one here
biggrin.gif

(*Shipping not included)

Ahh, that's much better. I'd probably custom cut my own foam. Thanks.

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #21 of 28
I love that pelican case. i want one!~!

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #22 of 28
Just take up on the generous person's offer.

And what's wrong with the q-Jay pouch?

With hard cases like the UE one and the pelican, you can't just shove it in your pocket unless you like a giant bulge rubbing against you.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #24 of 28
I know this is an old thread, but I saw a sale on the Custom Art 330v and it comes in a Peli 1010 case.... I searched Head-Fi for "Peli" and this is the thread I got.

Like most people who scan incidentals quickly, I assumed the item pictured below was the ubiquitous Pelican 1010 case - I have a bunch of them and think they are one of the best ways to protect gear.

But upon closer examination, it is a "Peli" case...

NOT a Pelican. NOT made in Torrance California - NOT the same case that Fitear supplies with their $1K+ CIEMs and IEMs - but a counterfeit case. With a logo that is as close to a copy as could be. Essentially a theft of intellectual property. I have purchased a number of products with hard cases and they usually have a design of their own while providing the same protection, without copying to the last ridge, an existing company's product.

It probably won't amount to a hill of beans, but I won't be buying anything that includes a Peli case (unless this is licensed by Pelican) I will do more research.

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #25 of 28
  I know this is an old thread, but I saw a sale on the Custom Art 330v and it comes in a Peli 1010 case.... I searched Head-Fi for "Peli" and this is the thread I got.

Like most people who scan incidentals quickly, I assumed the item pictured below was the ubiquitous Pelican 1010 case - I have a bunch of them and think they are one of the best ways to protect gear.

But upon closer examination, it is a "Peli" case...

NOT a Pelican. NOT made in Torrance California - NOT the same case that Fitear supplies with their $1K+ CIEMs and IEMs - but a counterfeit case. With a logo that is as close to a copy as could be. Essentially a theft of intellectual property. I have purchased a number of products with hard cases and they usually have a design of their own while providing the same protection, without copying to the last ridge, an existing company's product.

It probably won't amount to a hill of beans, but I won't be buying anything that includes a Peli case (unless this is licensed by Pelican) I will do more research.

Good to know.  I have a few Pelican cases for my IEMs and camera gear.  If custom art is using a rip off, its unfortunate and I would support your stand.  Maybe Pelican is selling in EU under a different name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back