How to protect IEMs?
post-3584061
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 28

Bobby2131

Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Posts
88
Likes
0
I know that most of them come with bags but apparently the bag that comes with q-JAYS (what I ordered) sucks so I have to think about something else. I've only had a pair of PXW100's and KSC-75's which I just shove in my pocket along with my iPod but now with paying $180 I'm not sure I'd want to take that risk. Anyone got some advice for me?
 
     Share This Post       
post-3584123
Post #2 of 28

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
3,415
Reaction score
190
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Posts
3,415
Likes
190
You could buy the Metal Tin off UE, they are really nice for protecting IEMs
 
     Share This Post       
post-3584235
Post #3 of 28

navmau

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
805
Reaction score
18
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Posts
805
Likes
18
The Shure hard zip case it pretty good also. IMO it looks pretty nice too!
 
     Share This Post       
post-3584291
Post #4 of 28

GreatDane

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
12,472
Reaction score
33
Location
Virginia
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Location
Virginia
Posts
12,472
Likes
33
Buy some Altoids and you'll have both fresh breath and a good place to store your IEMs.
 
     Share This Post       
  • Like
Reactions: NoName1
post-3584449
Post #5 of 28

cyberspyder

Caution! Incomplete trades.
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
23
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Posts
1,993
Likes
23
I can get you the Shure hardcase (without the winding spiral) if you want.
 
     Share This Post       
post-3584475
Post #7 of 28

cyberspyder

Caution! Incomplete trades.
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
23
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Posts
1,993
Likes
23
I have quite a few left over from my E2C RMAs (4 ffing times!!!) so hit me up with your address.

Brendan
 
     Share This Post       
post-3584507
Post #8 of 28

GreatDane

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
12,472
Reaction score
33
Location
Virginia
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Location
Virginia
Posts
12,472
Likes
33
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have quite a few left over from my E2C RMAs (4 ffing times!!!) so hit me up with your address.

Brendan



That's very generous of you.

I did like the Shure case when I owned the E4.
 
     Share This Post       
post-3584775
Post #9 of 28

Bobby2131

Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Posts
88
Likes
0
I appreciate the offer but I'm still a little hesitant about giving out my address. It's nothing against you just that I have a little unwarented paranoia.
 
     Share This Post       
post-3585171
Post #10 of 28

lostbobby

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
605
Reaction score
10
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Posts
605
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby2131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that most of them come with bags but apparently the bag that comes with q-JAYS (what I ordered) sucks so I have to think about something else. I've only had a pair of PXW100's and KSC-75's which I just shove in my pocket along with my iPod but now with paying $180 I'm not sure I'd want to take that risk. Anyone got some advice for me?


get a hardshell cellphone or camera case that snugly holds your ipod/DAP witht he IEMs wound around them. $10 or so at most office supply joints
 
     Share This Post       
post-3586293
Post #11 of 28

cyberspyder

Caution! Incomplete trades.
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
23
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Posts
1,993
Likes
23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby2131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I appreciate the offer but I'm still a little hesitant about giving out my address. It's nothing against you just that I have a little unwarented paranoia.


OK, no problem
 
     Share This Post       
post-3586403
Post #12 of 28

vesther

Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
96
Reaction score
12
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Posts
96
Likes
12
Hard Cases are the way to go.

Avoid cases with "hard edges" as your putting the IEM's wires at risk.
 
     Share This Post       
post-3586611
Post #13 of 28

lisnalee

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
14
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Posts
2,707
Likes
14
Get a peli case. I got one for my livewires after i broke the hinge on the original case. This one cost me the equivalent of $25 including the foam.



 
     Share This Post       
post-3586921
Post #14 of 28

GreatDane

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
12,472
Reaction score
33
Location
Virginia
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Location
Virginia
Posts
12,472
Likes
33
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a peli case. I got one for my livewires after i broke the hinge on the original case. This one cost me the equivalent of $25 including the foam.





Very nice case but $25 is a little too much imo. $10 and I can see myself buying one.
 
     Share This Post       
post-3586959
Post #15 of 28

ronin74

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
640
Reaction score
10
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Posts
640
Likes
10
How much is your paranoia worth to you? For me I bought a reserve pair, because I know they're going to break again.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top