How to open SE530 to replace cable?
Oct 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #16 of 25
Soap might not be the best cleaning agent, unless it is for sensitive skin, a.k.a. soap- and alkali-free "soap". I will suggest you to avoid any chemical all together. A damped tissue should suffice. Most importantly, no alcohol based cleaning agent as alcohol actually harder the rubber faster.

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #18 of 25
As you know, Shure has two-year warranty policy. If you find any problem, it would be better to send it to Shure, and be checked by them. I once got a replacement. Their service was smooth and pleasant experience for me. Even after warranty period, the flat service fee is $145, and I think it is reasonably cheap.

Oct 31, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #21 of 25
Oh, and Thank ClieOS. You're right, I'll avoid taking soap to my SE530s. Although it was recommended by Shure in the first place. I guess water will have to do. I'll take soap to it if I see the cables start to harden. 

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #23 of 25
Oct 31, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #24 of 25
I heard that it was the facial oil which corrodes the cables. After all, lots of people who have owned the SE530s didn't go to gyms with their precious earphones. And yes, water won't wash oil. There are water soluble fats, but facial oil isn't one of them. Maybe soluble in organic solvents like alcohol, but alcohol is not recommended right?

Say, ClieOS? when was your SE530s made and how long have you had them? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back