How to mix 4 different sources to 1 output? (Mixer?)
Mar 18, 2018 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

DSebastiao

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

So, i have a ps4, xbox, pc, and want to have the sound of these 3 all into one output, if possible i would have another input to connect a bluetooth receiver, but, first question, is this a great ideia in terms of audio quality? Because that's the most important thing for me, if any of this hurts it, i won't do it.

Now, what options do i have to do this? Probably a mixer, and in terms of mixers, what should i look for?

I've been looking for some in a music store, but they all work with 6.3mm jack's, so i would have to buy a bunch of converters (and again, can it hurt audio quality?).

Then, after the mixer, i can simply add a amp or a dac right? I'm also in need of something like that, an amp or dac.

Overall, how do those people with setups that contain multiple high quality sources do?

Thank you for your patience.

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #2 of 20
A receiver is what youre looking for....plenty of inputs and an amp built in.

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 20
Whats your budget?
Are you looking for analog or HDMI inputs/outputs?
Planning on driving headphones with it?
Speakers?

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #6 of 20
I dont know many receivers that cheap.
Do you live in the USA,or? You can try to snag a vintage receiver for that type of cash or you can try to find a budget pre-amp but then you would need to buy a separate amp.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #7 of 20
I dont know many receivers that cheap.
Do you live in the USA,or? You can try to snag a vintage receiver for that type of cash or you can try to find a budget pre-amp but then you would need to buy a separate amp.

Europe, doesn't really need to have an amp, i'm ok with something that mixes the sound, then i can get a cheap amp.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #8 of 20
Something like this would work,but the headphone jack would need to be on your amp.

A vintage receiver would be an all in one solution but getting one in good working condition at that price might be tricky.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #10 of 20
Yes,it has treble,bass and loudness,but you will need to adjust it on the fly for each channel(no memory)
Most inputs will be either HDMI or RCAs.Most amps have RCA ins and outs.DACs will need optical or USB usually.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #11 of 20
Yes,it has treble,bass and loudness,but you will need to adjust it on the fly for each channel(no memory)
Most inputs will be either HDMI or RCAs.Most amps have RCA ins and outs.DACs will need optical or USB usually.

Looks like that won't be an option, seems like it's only sold in the US, and shipping cost is pretty much half of the price of it, and i can't find a pre amp that's not meant for microphones.

Also, currently i don't have an amp.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #12 of 20
Try Google "inexpensive preamp"

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #14 of 20
So you get a preamp and then what?Youre still going to need an amp so you can hear these different channels.The one you linked is more for entry level pro use.

I think your best bet is an entry level receiver like this . ...or perhaps you can find similar for cheaper where you live.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #15 of 20
So you get a preamp and then what?Youre still going to need an amp so you can hear these different channels.The one you linked is more for entry level pro use.

I think your best bet is an entry level receiver like this . ...or perhaps you can find similar for cheaper where you live.

I'll get an amp more down the road, but for now, i need a solution to combine all these different sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back