How to get rid of driver rattling??
Jul 5, 2010 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
Whenever i turn up the bass on my dt770/80 with my bass EQ, not in all bass frequencies but certain frequencys(low)/songs in addition to the teeth rattling bass a very noticeable high pitch vibrating rattling can be heard from the right driver

and don't tell me not to use a bass EQ, because as a basshead i find it compulsory. I've had this headphone for around 1.5 years and im pretty sure this problem didnt exist near the start, i think its gotten worse gradually with time

Is there a fix for this? if not, is this bound to happen for every headphone if used like this i have?

NO it isn't hair or anything i have cleaned the headphones several times removed all pieces of hair. Keep in mind that this only happens in some songs(that offer low sub bass) but its annoying and makes me instantly change track.

e.g. if i listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCHv-PId-rY (without any eqs)

the right driver will have HEAPS of rattling compared to the left making it hard to hear the actual bass

EDIT: I readjusted and tightened the driver and it seemed to fix it!

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #2 of 5
sounds like you've damaged the driver. so you won't be getting rid of the sound.
this may just be the cost you'll have to pay for the amount of bass and volume you prefer.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #3 of 5
I see a couple possibilities.

1. You damaged the driver.  If that's the case, you're pretty much screwed with this pair of headphones.  

2. The driver has loosened from the rest of the case.  If that's the case, you might be able to get them gripped back on somehow (screw tightening or some bluetack).

Jul 5, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Don't the Beyers snap together? With the earpad removed, there is usually a plastic ring that snaps in place to hole in the driver housing. I'm wondering if perhaps taking the ring off and checking to see if everything is in it's right place (a la Radiohead) then snapping the ring back on. Be sure to line up the little square tab with the matching hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back