How to fit Beyer headband on Denon D2000s?
Nov 30, 2010 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

morph2k4

100+ Head-Fier
So, I read in a few different places that the snap on Beyerdynamic headband cushion was a good solution to the d2000's lack of padding.  I ordered one up and finally got it today, but so far I've had no luck getting it on the Denons.  How did anyone manage to stretch this thing over the existing Denon headband?  Does it require removal of the actual foam on the original headband and strapping the new pad directly to the metal core?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I've hesitated to disassemble the headband thus far since every screwdriver I own seems seriously at risk for stripping the screws.

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 10
uh, not sure what you mean exactly by "yoke".  If you mean the metal band that makes up the core of the headband, thats just a flat metal strip, so I'm not sure how it would have a diameter.  The pads seem like they would be a perfect replacement to the entire Denon padding covering the "yoke", but I can't disassemble the headband.  I read somewhere on head-fi that a few people used these pads, and managed to get them wrapped around the Denon headband.  Maybe they removed the Denon padding, but stretching does seem theoretically feasible.

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
My headband feels fine...??? BUUUUT I am curious how one would mod it...

The real problem is that the headband is too big (or my head is too small).  Even at the shortest setting, the cups hang down a little bit too far and all of the pressure from the headband is applied to my head at 1 point at the top.  I've been able to remedy the problem in an aesthetically unpleasing manner by wrapping the headband with a towel.  I'd really like to get a more permanent solution in place though so I don't feel like an idiot wearing them at work.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 10
Don't know if this helps...I measured my Beyers for ya...they are 1.25" across the top of the band...that's the widest point. The cover on mine fits very well and is easy to take off and put on...no stretching needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back