How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial
Dec 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #496 of 1,153
I did not managed to find a easy way, even for Windows. It's not a simple task if your want good EQ with smooth sound and minimum lost in detail .. I have also found Electri-Q a very good solution. No other program could achieve this level of accuracy... 

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #498 of 1,153
I'm going to give this a go today, I've downloaded all the tools off the front page but the following link no longer works

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/v3zq24

That's the link that hosts the Sine and Pink noise sample files.

Could someone please rehost them

Thank you

Pete

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #499 of 1,153

Quote:
Does anyone either know how I might able to run SineGen through a DSP, or know of a comparable wave generator I could use that would be able to run through one?

no.. the best i can do is play a sine wave file on repeat.. too bad too, because having sine gen run through the dsp would be very helpful.  much better control..

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #501 of 1,153
wow.. that sounds great.. id never heard of that.. thanks Lee.. ill check it out.. and if you are suggesting it, it must not change the sound even a single iota or your bionic ears would certainly pick up on it...
wink_face.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #502 of 1,153
I don't use EQ anymore...I've fully damped my T50RP(using acoustic foam and sound deadening clay) and I can't hear anymore whiney trebles. I strongly believe that all those headphones EQ tutorials aim at minimizing the cups resonances. Get rid them of them and flat EQ is the way. Even the most professional EQ's color the sound too much to my taste.

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #503 of 1,153

Quote:
I don't use EQ anymore...I've fully damped my T50RP(using acoustic foam and sound deadening clay) and I can't hear anymore whiney trebles. I strongly believe that all those headphones tutorials aim at minimizing the cups resonances. Get rid them of them and flat EQ is the way. Even the most professional EQ's color the sound too much to my taste.

redampening headphones would be ideal, but i dont know how nimble I am.. lining my iems and ear buds with clay may prove to be a challenge :wink:

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #504 of 1,153
34 pages of hell....=.= 

Tortured my self to go through everything word for word, but good info.

@leeperry, after going through so many EQ which are your tops? I only have a beyer DT880, hope to test some EQ and need to narrow the choices, you kept recommending so many EQs!

BTW you guys using the trial versions or you actually bought it? Or did you guys ****** it?...=.=

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #505 of 1,153
Gave it a go, removes a lot of background static noise but at the same time adds a veil, need proper balance, so far so good.

I like this EQ and the Sony Sonnox Oxford, Electric-Q not so user friendly.

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #509 of 1,153

Quote:
Has anyone found a simple and effective way to do the process (as suggested in the first post) on a Mac?

Here's what I ended up with:

I used a demo version of Signalsuite to do the tone sweep. You'll open the "Periodic Signals" tab to find a frequency slider. You'll also find pink/white generation under the Noise Signals tab.

For EQ, I'm using Audio Hijack Pro, using a series of AUParametric EQ plugins on the output. Getting AHP to hijack the output from Singalsuite was a pain in the a$$- I just poked at it a bunch and finally got it, though for the life of me I couldn't talk someone else through it now.

Once I got the EQs set properly, I did an "Export Effects Patch" from AHP to a file for each set of headphones I did. 

I did a pair of Sony MDR-7506s and my HD650s. The 650s took almost no EQ, and I struggle to hear much difference at all (not sure I could A/B test it successfully). The 7506s took a little more doing but they sound fabulous now.

I'm so addicted to EQ now that I went and dug this app up for the iPhone (EQu). It's a little painful to input the EQ settings, but works wonders once set up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back